Calibration Technician II
- Missoula, MT
Site Name: USA - Montana - Hamilton
Posted Date: Jun 3 2020
222717 Calibration Technician II
Are you looking for an opportunity to enhance your instrumentation and metrology skills in collaborative team environment? If so, this is the role for you.
As a Calibration Tech II, you will:
- Execute scheduled calibrations, preventive maintenance and corrective maintenance on instrumentation, control devices and HVAC systems in compliance with facility procedures and work instructions.
- Ensures schedule adherence to meet cGxP compliance.
- Actively promotes the success of the Hamilton Site through continual collaboration with the team.
- Champions the voice of the customer in decisions affecting the Calibration Department's resource allocation and project prioritization.
- Responsible for application of GSK safety and environmental guidelines.Promotes a safety culture; perform work in a manner to ensure safety of co-workers, equipment and self.
- Promotes a quality mindset and quality excellence approach to all activities.
- Revises LSOPs as assigned. Complies with LSOP, Batch Record and Departmental Documentation requirements.
- Attends all mandatory training and maintains training forms and files.
- Adheres to all GSK policies and procedures as applicable for functional area.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks in order to achieve deliverable and adhere to timelines and budgets.
- Ensures efficient coordination of projects and tasks as assigned by C&M Supervisor.
- Proactively keep process owners and C&M Supervisor informed of progress and activities.
- Responds positively with change, demonstrating the ability to maintain high personal performance levels as the organization evolves.
- Proactively identify opportunities for process improvements and presents ideas to process owner or C&M Supervisor.
- Responsible for ensuring that scheduled work is performed on time in an appropriate manner per GSK procedures and guidelines.
- Escalate issues that could present a cGMP noncompliance or an unsafe work environment.
- Continuous Improvement: Establish a proactive culture within the facilities and maintenance group looking forward for solutions.
- Flexible Thinking: Delivers results by analyzing situations to determine the best solution for issues at hand.
- Enable and Drive Change: Adept in determining technical solutions for problems and issues and leveraging relationships and influencing others to the desired way of thinking. Ability to bridge gap between technical and non-technical arenas.
- Work areas may include confined and/or high spaces, laboratory environments and general office space.
- Assist with deviation investigations, gathering data on equipment/facility problems and implementing lean and 6-sigma tools.
- Ensure compliance and readiness for internal and external inspections and provide adequate support to inspected departments.
- Develop, author and modify departmental LSOP's as needed in support of daily operations and implement improvement initiatives within primary area of responsibility.
- Assist with the organization, preparation and presentation of Technical Services topics during internal and third party audits.
- Promote Safety within the Team. Provide positive reinforcement for good practice and escalate issues that require attention or improvement.
- Provide timely escalation of complex and difficult problem solving issues to cross-functional teams for investigation.
- Compliance to good documentation practices and "right the first time".
- Escalate issues that could present a cGxP noncompliance or an unsafe work environment.
- Maintains and performs corrective and preventative maintenance calibrations on GxP & non-GxP equipment.
- Use established internal procedures as well as industry standards, manufacturer procedures, etc. for the proper calibration and troubleshooting.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Three years of experience working in a cGxP Pharmaceutical or similar industry performing calibration work.
- Position requires the use of various personal protective equipment, including, but not limited to, face masks, respirators, gloves and safety goggles, when handling hazardous materials or working with high voltage equipment.
- Ability to meet additional requirements (e.g., standing for extended periods, varying temperatures, moving materials, wearing necessary PPE, performing shift/OT work, etc.), as necessary.
- Color vision (red, green, and blue), and depth perception are necessary to effectively and safely use tools and machinery.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Associate's degree with technology focus
- Trade School completion, Formal Military Certification (PMEL)
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top