Calibration Technician I
- Missoula, MT
Site Name: USA - Montana - Hamilton
Posted Date: Mar 2 2020
Are you looking for an opportunity to enhance your instrumentation and metrology skills in collaborative team environment? If so, this is the role for you.
As Calibration and Instrumentation Staff you will:
- Execute scheduled calibrations, preventive maintenance and corrective maintenance on instrumentation, control devices and HVAC systems in compliance with facility procedures and work instructions.
- Ensures schedule adherence to meet cGxP compliance.
- Actively promotes the success of the Hamilton Site through continual collaboration with the team.
- Champions the voice of the customer in decisions affecting the Calibration Department's resource allocation and project prioritization.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
Environment Health & Safety : -Responsible for application of GSK safety and environmental guidelines.Promotes a safety culture; perform work in a manner to ensure safety of co-workers, equipment and self.
Quality & Compliance :
-Ensures all activities are executed following quality and regulatory standards.
-Promotes a quality mindset and quality excellence approach to all activities.
-Revises LSOPs as assigned. Complies with LSOP, Batch Record and Departmental Documentation requirements.
-Attends all mandatory training and maintains training forms and files.
-Adheres to all GSK policies and procedures as applicable for functional area.
- -Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks in order to achieve deliverables and adhere to timelines and budgets.
- -Ensures efficient coordination of projects and tasks as assigned by C&M Supervisor.
- -Proactively keep process owners and C&M Supervisor informed of progress and activities.
- -Responds positively with change, demonstrating the ability to maintain high personal performance levels as the organization evolves.
- -Proactively identify opportunities for process improvements and presents ideas to process owner or C&M Supervisor.
-Responsible for ensuring that scheduled work is performed on time in an appropriate manner per GSK procedures and guidelines.
-Escalate issues that could present a cGMP noncompliance or an unsafe work environment
-Continuous Improvement: Establish a proactive culture within the facilities and maintenance group looking forward for solutions.
-Flexible Thinking: Delivers results by analyzing situations to determine the best solution for issues at hand.
-Enable and Drive Change: Adept in determining technical solutions for problems and issues and leveraging relationships and influencing others to the desired way of thinking. Ability to bridge gap between technical and non-technical arenas.
-Use established internal procedures as well as industry standards, manufacturer procedures, etc. to test and calibrate equipment.
-Document work using good documentation practices and enter data into SAP database.
-Coordinate shipping, receiving and work order completion for equipment calibrated offsite by vendors.
-Oversee and coordinate vendor work for on-site calibrations where external vendors are utilized.
-Work areas may include confined and/or working at heights, laboratory environments and general office space.
-Perform other duties consistent with skills and training as assigned by C&M Supervisor
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2 years of post-high school work experience in science, instrumentation or mechanical field.
- Position requires the use of various personal protective equipment, including, but not limited to safety glasses, gloves, labcoats and hearing protection depending on the type/location of work being performed.
- Ability to meet additional requirements (e.g., standing for extended periods, varying temperatures, moving materials, wearing necessary PPE, performing shift/OT work, etc.), as necessary
- Color vision (red, green, and blue), and depth perception are necessary to safely use tools and machinery.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Associate's Degree, Trade School completion, Formal Military Certification (PMEL) or industry experience.
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top