Site Name: Canada - Ontario - Mississauga
Posted Date: Nov 28 2019
Reporting to the Portfolio Lead, Brand Manager will oversee the strategic growth and marketing plans for assigned brands. This role is responsible for recommending and deploying longer term strategic growth and annual operating plan to deliver on brand growth expectations. The ideal candidate is an individual that has a strong passion to be a champion for the consumer and brand. This individual must be able to drive their business with a strong consumer-centric approach, work in close collaboration with a variety of cross-functional partners including sales, finance, operations, medical affairs, regulatory affairs, global colleagues and external agencies to harness company's resources to move their brands forward.
- Develop, adapt, and refine strategic direction for assigned brand(s), grounded in superior consumer and customer insights and aligned to long-term growth priorities of the Canadian organization, including innovation strategy
- Successfully lead the development of annual market activation planning focused on 3-year growth drivers, demonstrating strong leadership of brand centric cross-functional team
- Be accountable for superior execution of programs and plans, tracking results on key brand programs, recommending course correction as necessary based on performance vs. Key Performance Indicators
- Accountable for delivery of annual portfolio P&L, including sales and profit results; actively manage A&P budget items and effectively deploy resources to maximize overall brand performance
- Consumer communications and promotions: work with internal SMEs (Insights, Media, Digital, Shopper marketers) and external agencies to develop strategies, produce marketing creative assets and determine media plans.
- Liaise with Legal/Medical/Regulatory Affairs on issues related to the brands.
- Oversee day-to-day brand administration such as demand planning inputs, budget tracking, etc.
- Partner with Consumer Insights to initiate research projects and apply research to support strategic decision-making and tactical implementation.
- Influence and hold accountable team members/peers of both local cross-functional teams and global category teams to ensure that business partners deliver to Canada's needs
- Contribute to culture building activities for the team, as member of Marketing Leadership
- Undergraduate University Degree required
- 3-5+ years of brand marketing experience in CPG or OTC marketing
- Proven experience in delivering insights-based consumer communications delivering brand share growth
- Experience in large scale new product launches; collaboration with global teams; delivering results in a matrix org.
- Strong financial capabilities and business acumen
- Experience working in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
- A strong problem solver with ability to think both analytically and creatively to effectively drive business objectives
- Ability to lead, influence, and inspire cross-functional teams and senior leaders through strategy and vision
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills to build consensus across functions and levels
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a flair for story-telling
- Courage, resiliency, perseverance, and tenacity to champion initiatives from start-to-end
- Passion for the consumer and brand building
- Must have the ability to adapt and work effectively within a variety of situations including organizational changes and changes in job demands
- Experience in CPG OTC industries
- MBA is an asset
GSK is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. GSK is committed to accommodating persons with disabilities. If you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies, please contact us at email@example.com
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Back to top