Brand Activation Manager
Site Name: Singapore - Rochester Park
Posted Date: May 28 2020
Lead brand activation and execution of brand strategies, roll out NPDs, promotion calendar and media to drive sustainable brand consumption and sales growth for local market.
- Accountable for accelerated share, sales and profit growth for assigned brand portfolio over 3>1 plan in the market.
- Execute and amplify winning Market Activation Plans (MAPs) in the context of the consumer, shopper, expert, trade and competitive set. Output clear local activation calendars to be deployed to attain growth priorities in sales and shares.
- Identify investment priorities and manage A&P (working media and P-line) with appropriate mix between advertising and in-store efforts in collaboration with sales channel and category management.
- Execute in-market new product launches brilliantly leveraging Area launch models with local adaptation were needed.
- Adapt Area tool kits (materials, claims, copy (when necessary), etc...)
- Liaise actionable local insights with the Area teams (consumer, shopper, expert) to generate locally relevant Task Maps.
- Define and deliver winning expert activation programme to strengthen "expert recommended" differentiation for relevant brands.
- Activate and consistently deploy winning claims working closely with area, regulatory, medical and activation teams.
- Ensure the Brand Heart is brought to life and consistently activated across all touch points to build long term brand equity.
- Win in digital locally through driving local digital insights and delivering locally relevant digital campaigns.
- Build strong agency partnerships at LOC to deliver world class activation.
- Actively contribute to global innovation scoping and forecasting process across PMB cycle to ensure launch targets are realistic and delivered. Drive innovation planning, sequencing, implementation planning, tracking and learning.
- Work with Finance to analyze the P&L and identify the impact of alternative actions.
- Model GSK values & behaviors and compliance with all GSK codes of practice.
- Responsible for tracking local brand KPIs and recommending remedial action where necessary
- The role is also part of the LOC leadership team and reports into the MSB Marketing Lead - hence there is a broader leadership component to the role beyond the functional responsibility
GSK's dedication to the wellbeing of our employees is reflected in the benefits we offer; including healthcare for yourself and dependents, performance related bonus, long term incentives and a host of other flexible offerings you can tailor to your own preferences. We also offer a range of employee health and wellbeing programs including our truly unique Partnership for Prevention program, a global commitment by GSK to provide all employees with up to 40 preventative healthcare services bringing to life our mission to: do more, feel better and live longer.
At GSK we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution.
- University degree preferably business or marketing
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience within FMCGs
- Demonstrated ability to lead complex projects with successful outcomes.
- Ability to lead within a matrix organization, integrating complex multifunctional efforts crossing multiple business areas
- Experience of leading successful innovation launches in market
- Experience in implementing of brand plans and execution plans
- Experience in brand architecture, setting brand/variant roles & priorities and building portfolio
- Ability to lead and inspire
- Knowledge of consumer marketing, including digital.
- Financial acumen
- Experience of NPD process
- Analytical skills will be used to ensure global and regional brand strategies are tailored to the LOC market situation (e.g. execute MAP at LOC)
- Marketing and financial skills are critical to drive performance and have informed discussions with key stakeholders (e.g. investment allocations, ROI)
- Role requires strong understanding of marketing, shopper and expert marketing, sales and finance to drive brand performance
Problem Solving & Innovation
- Strong problem-solving skills require to handle unique regulatory and market context especially on complex NPD projects
- Due to the nature of the role it is important to have strong cross functional problem-solving skills
- Stakeholder management is critical to this role with stakeholders in many different areas:
- Area marketing - ensure that LOC priorities are communicated and considered
- LOC stakeholders - sales, trade marketing, expert marketing, support functions - strong interactions with each of those functions and ensuring that brand strategies are being implemented as agreed with Area
- External stakeholders - agencies, customers
- Influencing is critical as the role must drive global brand strategies within the LOC team and also has to ensure LOC priorities are aligned and delivered through Area team
- The role is having a high impact and broad sphere of impact:
- Commercial impact as the function defines LOC brand strategy and ensures execution in line with Area guidelines
- Financial impact as the role is managing A&P funds that are part of LOC P&L, as well as providing input into 3>1 plan, monitoring mix and gross margin
- Team impact as the role is bringing together the full scope e.g. sales, expert sales and trade marketing to align with brand strategy
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer. We have three global businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies.
We are proud of the difference we make. GSK has ranked 1st in the Access to Medicines Index all five times since its launch in 2008 and FORTUNE Magazine ranked us #1 on its 'Change the World list' which recognizes companies that have made significant progress in sustainable, scalable approaches to addressing societal problems as part of their company strategy.
GSK has been present in Asia for over 50 years and our commitment to the region is strengthened by the establishment of our purpose-built headquarters for Asia. Situated in Singapore, GSK Asia House is a further step in our long-standing strategy to grow and diversify our company - emphasizing the globally balanced business we have built over the years. To better support Asia, we focus on developing talent to improve our ability to make the right decisions for healthcare professionals, patients and consumers across the region.
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Back to top