Bioscience Data Analyst
- Rockville, MD
Site Name: USA - Maryland - Rockville
Posted Date: Nov 2 2020
Are you energized by a challenging role in biology, where scientific demand is driving team growth? If so, this Scientist role would be a great opportunity to consider.
As Scientist, you will be contributing to various studies and be responsible for delivering pre-clinical and clinical data analysis. This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following:
- Contribute to the characterization, optimization, evaluation and selection of vaccine candidates & support platform technology development
- Write codes in R, Phyton and machine learning libraries to apply to the analyses of complex preclinical and clinical flow cytometry datasets
- Computational analysis of cytometric data using automated tools based on clustering and dimensionality reduction algorithms
- Design and execute new methods and protocols related to area of expertise and/or proactively incorporate new published approaches or algorithms into practice
- Develop codes/packages/plugins to facilitate flow cytometry activities
- Has in depth knowledge of related scientific disciplines in particular analysis of immune responses by computational analysis of high dimensional flow cytometry datasets as they apply to vaccine discovery/development.
- Works collaboratively across R&D Preclinical and CLS groups to develop and execute data analysis plans to ensure Immunology deliverables. Perform complex data management tasks including transfer to appropriate databases
- Independently write specific technical sections of internal and external reports and contribute to scientific papers
- Work collaboratively with other members of the group, other groups and external partners
- Prepare detailed oral or written summaries of results with interpretation for projects/platforms
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelors or Masters in computer sciences, bioinformatics, biostatistics, cell biology, or immunology.
- BSc plus at least 5 years or MSc plus at least 3 years of experience in Vaccines Research in an industrial, academic or government laboratory setting
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- PhD in computer sciences, bioinformatics, biostatistics, cell biology, or immunology.
- Good knowledge and understanding of published algorithms used to analyze complex high dimensional flow cytometry datasets. Ability to integrate this knowledge in decisions and recommendations.
- Excellent communication skills, need to appropriately manage the interfaces with Project Teams
- Fluency in English
- Able to efficiently manage uncertainty, changes in priority and timeline restrictions.
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness.
*This is a job description to aide in the job posting, but does not include all job evaluation details.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top