Biopharmaceutical Manufacturing Associate II
Site Name: USA - Maryland - Rockville
Posted Date: Apr 12 2019
Performs all production operations in the area of assignment within the Rockville Biopharm Manufacturing facilities. Duties include: preparation of buffers and medias and/or assemblies, following written procedures and batch records. Operate process equipment such as tanks, CIP/SIP skids, agitators, filtration devices, autoclaves, glass washers, integrity testing and other small equipment following a high standard of GMP compliance and SOP and BRs as written. Support campaign start-up/changeovers/tech transfer activities and perform production operations in areas assigned.
- Ability to perform assigned tasks and follow instructions
- Perform process steps in coordination with other associates. Asks for help and does not perform steps without proper training/qualification.
- Adheres to scheduling changes and responds appropriately.
- Performs production operations following written SOP's/BR's in accordance with cGMPs, with minimal/no variance.
- General knowledge of cleanliness and bioburden control techniques (aseptic process)
- Frequent communication with area supervisor when work requests are needed and may initiate requests. Communicates any shifts in process parameters.
- Gives input/makes suggestions to improve process.
- May revise BR or SOPs/Work instructions as assigned
- Follow all cGMP's and EHS procedures.
- Communicates EHS issues to team members and supervisor.
- Attends and completes all mandatory training(s).
- Ensure training plan is accurate and up-to-date.
- Always ensures trainer is present as you learn new process steps/equipment.
- Must demonstrate GSK values and behaviors at all times
- Must be reliable and able to perform process steps in coordination with team members.
- Prepares and participates in area readiness for internal and external audits.
- Becoming familiar with the technical issues in the area. May assist others in troubleshooting activities as assigned.
- Complies with GMP and EHS procedures and policies.
- Works well with people in other areas and with team members.
- Works with other associates to carry out daily tasks accurately
- Becoming familiar with technical issues in the area. May assists in trouble shooting activities
- Works closely with other team members under supervisor directions.
- Provides reliable process support and works alongside others, completes performer/verifier steps under the supervision of more senior personnel or supervisor.
- Meets industrial excellence or personal metrics as part of department goals.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top