Biopharmaceutical Associate, Apprentice Program, US- 2021
- King of Prussia, PA
Exciting minds with our Biopharmaceutical Associate Apprenticeship
- Must have earned a high school diploma or equivalency diploma by June 2021. High school GPA 2.5 ("B") or above (4.0 scale)
- High school Algebra and Geometry or 2 units equivalent of academic math (GPA 2.5 or above in each case)
- High school English (GPA 2.5 or above)
- High school Biology and Chemistry (GPA 2.5 or above)
- College enrolled students with 30 credits or less are eligible
Start date: August 2021
Assessment center date (anticipated): May 2021
- Have studied AP Biology, or Chemistry
- Have studied more than 1 life science
- Have studied High School Physics
- Have studied High School Pre-Calculus
- Have studied engineering, technology, robotics, or shop
- Less than 2-years' experience in lab (including intern or shadowing opportunity)
- Less than 2-years' experience in pharmaceutical or FDA interfacing industry (intern or shadowing opportunity)
- Must be 18 years of age by the 1st of August 2021
- Less than 2 years of related work experience since graduating from high school
- If offered a position the candidate must be willing to enroll, and meet entry requirements, with one of GSK's partnering community colleges or technical institutions, in the preferred related instruction course.
- Must be able to commute on a daily basis to GSK worksite and related instruction facility
Want to solve some of the world's biggest health challenges?
With over 300 years of innovation, we're a science-led global healthcare company that delivers billions of innovative products each year. Join us and help millions of people do more, feel better, live longer.
Achieve your career goals on our apprentice program
Our biopharmaceutical associate apprenticeship will equip you with the specialist skills needed to support the production of our life-saving drugs.
This entry-level, development opportunity offers you the chance to study towards nationally recognized qualifications while gaining hands-on, paid work experience. Our apprentices attend college part-time studying theory elements of the apprenticeship while working at a GSK Manufacturing facility. Biopharmaceutical Associate apprentices at Upper Merion will be studying towards an Associate's Degree in Biotechnology at Montgomery County Community College. Over the 3-4 years in the Program, you will spend most of your week at our biopharmaceutical site receiving specialist on-the-job training from our in-house industry experts, combined with early responsibility to help you develop and progress.
What will you do?
As a Biopharmaceutical Apprentice, you may get involved in the following activities:
- Performing complex manufacturing processes in a highly automated, regulated environment - ensuring quality, safety and accuracy in all that we do
- Operating bioreactors, chromatography columns, parts washers, and autoclaves, to make our products
- Preparing media and buffer solutions for the manufacturing processes
- Monitoring and analyzing production processes and data, utilizing various instruments and control systems
- Working in teams to continuously improve the functionality of our automated equipment and processes.
- Building technical skills through a tailored entry-level development program, working with industry professionals
- Earning an Associate's degree at GSK's partnering community college with the potential to go on to further study. GSK will pay for the apprentice's tuition costs for company approved courses related to the Associate's degree
- Receiving an industry-recognized "Certificate of Completion" training credential from the U.S. Department of Labor upon completion of GSK's Apprentice Program - a portable certificate of competency
- Connecting with apprentices across the US and the world
- Being part of an inclusive organization that fosters individual empowerment and builds trust
- Taking part in projects and prioritizing tasks
- Building an understanding of state-of-the-art technologies
- Developing skills in an industry that's making innovative changes to the way it develops and manufactures products
- A competitive base salary
- Fully-funded college tuition and paid expenses for Associate's Degree
- An annual bonus based on company performance
- Access to healthcare and well-being programs, pension plan membership, savings programs, time off and childcare support
- Employee recognition programs, which reward exceptional achievements
- A performance and development program
Watch the video in the banner at the top of this page and you'll find tips on our website -
We're 100% open to all talent
We're 100% open to all talent - whatever your gender, marital status, religion, age, colour, race, sexual orientation, nationality or disability. We want to recruit the right people for GSK from the widest possible backgrounds, so we can better serve the diversity of our patients and consumers. And also because it's the right thing to do.
Need help with your application?
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know how we can help you. Or email us your number and we'll call you back. We'll make all reasonable modifications to support you throughout the recruitment process and we'll treat all information you give us in confidence. Please get in touch to help us process your application as soon as possible.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top