Biologist (m/w/d) Multi-Omics Profiling
- Wendlingen am Neckar, Germany
Site Name: Heidelberg - Office
Posted Date: Mar 2 2020
We are offering a position in a stimulating scientific environment situated at the interface between cutting edge academic research and applied research in one of the world leading pharmaceutical companies. Cellzome, a centre of excellence for Omics technologies of GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), is located at the EMBL campus in Heidelberg, Germany. We are looking for a highly motivated staff scientist to work on immune profiling using multi-omics methods in the context of immune-oncology and inflammatory diseases. Multi-Omic profiling methods such as single cell analyses are revolutionizing our understanding of biology by providing an unparalleled depth in the analysis of cell type and cell state heterogeneity.These methods will be applied to support target identification and validation as well as biomarker discovery in GSK Pharma R&D.
- You will work on projects aiming at characterizing disease biology by applying most advanced multi-omics technologies and integrating multi-dimensional datasets.
- You are expected to develop experimental and analysis strategies, bring innovative ideas, lead internal projects, and manage external collaborations.
-The position has a strong focus on method development for profiling of immune cells by single cell analysis methods, including imaging analysis of tissue sections.
- You have a strong background in cellular immunology in the context of oncology and inflammatory diseases.
-You are experienced with immune profiling, complex multi-omics datasets and are familiar with advanced single cell or multiparametric image analysis technologies.
- You hold a PhD and/or MD (or foreign equivalent) degree in immunology, immune-oncology or related discipline.
- You have an excellent track record of research accomplishments
- You are skilled in planning and execution of multiple research projects
- You are interested to lead internal and external collaborations
- You like to work in a matrix organisation (multidisciplinary and collaborative environment)
- You bring exceptional interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- You have gained knowledge of bioinformatic tools and system biology
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top