Bioanalysis and Biomarkers, Director and Group Leader, Protein Mass Spectrometry
- Collegeville, PA
Site Name: USA - Pennsylvania - Upper Providence
Posted Date: Aug 24 2020
Are you energized by leveraging your agile protein mass spectrometry technical expertise to provide leadership for the strategy, driving exploration into emerging technologies, management of staff, as well as overseeing data delivery? If so, this Bioanalysis and Biomarkers, Group Leader and Director of Protein Mass Spectrometry role is a great opportunity for you to explore!
We are looking for a highly motivated, agile protein mass spectrometry technical expert & Director to lead a team in the US Bioanalysis and Biomarkers group within the Bioanalysis, Immunogenicity and Biomarkers (BIB) department based in Upper Providence, PA. This exciting opportunity will oversee a group of scientists responsible using cutting-edge mass spectrometry platforms and/or hybrid techniques to develop and validate novel/bespoke assays for protein biomarker and biotherapeutic endpoints supporting both nonclinical and clinical studies. Data from this group is a key component to understanding molecules in the GSK pipeline and encompasses a diversity of endpoints. Utilizing these novel instrument platforms this group delivers data to support investigations into target engagement biomarkers, pharmacokinetic studies, PK/PD relationships, Critical Quality Attributes (both intact and sub-unit peptide mapping), as well as target protein turnover.
This Director-level role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Hold yourself and your group accountable for delivering high quality bioanalytical results and be fully compliant with regulatory requirements. Reviews and monitors the quality level of group's output.
- Actively contributes to the development and implementation of WW departmental analytical strategy (scientific, quality, regulatory, and contracting). Communicates and embeds the strategy and vision to group members.
- Drive scientific innovation of protein mass spectrometry internally and externally through conferences, publications, and working groups.
- Ability to translate a project team's data delivery needs into an appropriate assay and act as an analytical scientific expert in discussions on science/project progression within GSK.
- Works effectively as a matrix leader to ensure minimal impact between studies supported internally and externally. Works closely with other BIB group leaders to effectively balance bioanalytical resource delivering timely high-quality data to projects.
- Provide senior scientific leadership and set strategic direction of technology advancement. Drive an assay technology agnostic attitude and openness to new technologies supporting any modality. Proactively identify and provide cross-training opportunities for their staff within BIB.
- Build effective relationships with the analytically supported groups throughout R&D to balance stakeholder expectations with scientific quality and validation requirements ensuring limitations of assays and data are well understood.
- Has the necessary experience and knowledge to represent the department in regulatory interactions (questions, and filings) and at high level relevant regulatory meetings (eg FDA, EMA, MHRA).
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- PhD in Biochemistry or Analytical Science
- 10 years or more of pharmaceutical experience
- Demonstrated technical leadership on protein mass spectrometry (LC-MS and LC-MS/MS) and universal bioanalytical applications
- Experience working in regulated space and deep knowledge of international regulatory guidelines
- Resource planning and project interfacing experience
- Experience leading and mentoring a team including skill development, training, and talent development
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Ability to provide bioanalysis or biomarker expertise on programs/project teams for pre-clinical and clinical studies with a wide variety of techniques and technologies.
- Ability to provide a disciplined approach, ensuring a relentless focus on quality, compliance, scientific rigor and operational excellence
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top