BIA Data and Vendor Management
- Brentford, United Kingdom
Site Name: USA - New Jersey - Warren, UK - London - Brentford
Posted Date: Sep 8 2020
Are you looking for a Global Managerial role that will help to accelerate business performance, by optimising our data coverage and vendor management and ultimately upscale our reporting system globally? If so, this Global BIA Vendor Manager role could be an exciting opportunity to explore.
This role has a global remit which requires not only the ability to effectively manage relationships with teams across different countries but also a good understanding of the difference in terms of technical requirements of the job across countries.
The role of Global BIA Vendor Manager is to manage relationships with data vendors and optimise data coverage and usage across the enterprise to ultimately support the development of advanced reporting capabilities to understand and to accelerate business performance and driving our consumer and customer obsessed culture, at Enterprise level (front - Marketing, middle - Finance HR and back end - Supply, Manufacturing, etc).
To be successful in role YOU will have proven expertise in managing relationships effectively with external data vendors as well as coordinate internal requests and budget across several markets.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following...
- Own relationships with data vendors ensuring SLAs are consistently met and services are leveraged and used effectively across the business
- Lead negotiations and own budget for local syndicated data and analytics services vendors, closely collaborating with procurement and finance teams and adhering to global guidelines and contracts
- Work collaboratively with regional and local CBIA teams to gather and assess data needs and consult on specific requests as needed
- Ensure rigorous tracking of detailed data purchased and provide regular updates and summary on data landscape to relevant stakeholders
- Identify opportunities to optimise data coverage and select best partners to close the key gaps
- Continuously look for data cost optimisation opportunities without compromising on quality of data and reporting capabilities
- Ensure alignment of data contracts and global budgets
- Partner with Head of BI&A for Pricing / MMM / Other budget tracking, in addition to data contracts
- Manage PO's / budgets / invoices for global BI&A teams
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Prior experience in managing relationship with data vendors across different markets, preferably at global level and across different sets of data
- Bachelor Degree in relevant field: Marketing Science/Analytics/Finance
- In market analytics or syndicated data provider experience is preferable
- Good knowledge of different data sets available and vendors to optimise data coverage and utilisation
- Finance experience / prior experience in managing large budget and coordinate budget spend across several markets
- Experience in working in a matrix structure and across teams globally and influence without authority
- Ability to partner effectively with business teams as well as technical teams
- Strong oral and written communication
- Skills and ability to influence peers/upwards
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Masters in relevant field: Marketing Science/Analytics/Finance
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please submit a cover letter with your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity!
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class(US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you'd like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities. You can either call us on 0808 234 4391, or send an email firstname.lastname@example.org
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top