BI Report Developer
- Brentford, United Kingdom
Site Name: UK - London - Brentford
Posted Date: Feb 19 2021
BI Report Developer
This is an exciting opportunity to join and support GSK Consumer Healthcare in its journey to becoming a more data driven organisation. This means providing our teams with easy access to relevant and timely data to inform faster and more insight driven decision making. In addition, this will enable faster feedback on the impact of change as the organisation undergoes agile transformation and transition to a 'test and learn' approach. Data is a key tenet underpinning our transformation journey following the joint venture with Pfizer this year and our 3-year plan to spin off into a separate company.
The main purpose of the Data Innovation function is to act as a liaison between business and technology teams to focus on the identification, prioritisation and delivery of business insights in the form of reporting dashboards, presentations and ad-hoc analysis that will be used to drive business decisions and actions both strategically and operationally.
We now seek 2 additional permanent BI/data product developer to create, develop, and manage a suite of data sets, reports and dashboards that will turn the underlying data into decision making tools for senior and operational management.
The main responsibility of this role is to understand the organisations reporting needs and delivering data products and visualisation solutions to address them. This includes analysis and design, development, testing, security and release into live and embedding within an organisation.
Key activities will include handing data ingestion, building data models and defining reporting measures to provide valuable insights through visualisations and information presentation.
Key Responsibilities The responsibilities of our BI Report Developer are to work as part of a cross functional scrum teams providing top end user experience and design by
1) Design, build and deploy data solutions (primarily on Azure and Power BI but not exclusively),
- In the form of rapid prototyping of data products and Dashboards to demonstrate proof of concept /value
- Create visualizations and reports for requested data and development of a single plane of glass for multiple data sources.
- Designing and building effective dashboard layouts and reports. Utilising the navigation features to guide user to insights through a compelling data-driven story.
- Development of Power BI data ingestion using Power Query, Dataflows, tabular modelling and DAX measure definition.
- Using design led thinking, information design and selection of appropriate visualisations. Supported by UX/UI experts and product teams with iterative development based on regular feedback.
3) Helping the business stakeholders envision the future and how their work will need to change to support the future.
4) Creation of tools to collect and store data, and feedback Develop and update technical documentation.
5) Working with our testing & support team to manage the processes around client User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and fixing any defects identified.
6) Security design including the implementation of row-level security if required.
7) Analysis of Delivery of the product through the development and testing environments into live, production workspaces.
8) Advising on change control, embedding and user training needs.
9) Work in a cross functional delivery team
Why you? Basic Qualifications: We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Proven experience as a BI/Data Developer/analyst
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Azure resources;
- Azure SQL DB / DW
- Data Factory
- Storage Accounts (Blob Store / Data Lake)
- SQL - preferable T-SQL
- Azure SQL DB / DW
- Industry experience particularly with Power BI, Qlik or Tableau
- Background in data analysis and/or data warehouse design (eg dimensional modelling)
- Analytical mind with a problem-solving aptitude
- Worked as an effective member of a scrum team using modern agile methodologies.
- Excellent communication skills, enough to deal with internal and external contacts at all levels, including the ability to communicate effectively with people of different nationalities/cultures working in different time zones
- Power Query - ingestion of various data sources
- DAX - for complex measure development
- Power BI Service - workspaces, apps, security
- Understanding of Pro vs. Premium features and suitability
Preferred Qualifications: If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Experience working with Azure Dev Ops
- Familiarity with C#, Python or other object-oriented programming languages
- Knowledge of Cosmos DB, Databricks, and Azure Stream Analytics a plus
Interested in Joining the Team? Please apply via our online portal providing your CV and Cover Letter.
Please ensure you apply before the 6th March 2021 to ensure you're in the running!
(Please take a personal copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available online post closure of the advert)
Why GSK? At GSK, we're a company with a special purpose, to help people do more feel better and live longer. Realising our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living GSK's values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. And in return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Put simply, it's about you being motivated to do your best work, in a place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Together we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us. It is only through the energy, dedication, drive and passion of all of us that we can be the very best for GSK, and importantly, for our patients and consumers.
seek one final
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you'd like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities. You can either call us on 0808 234 4391, or send an email email@example.com
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top