Benlysta Senior Medical Lead
- Philadelphia, PA
Site Name: USA - North Carolina - Research Triangle Park, USA - Pennsylvania - Philadelphia
Posted Date: Sep 27 2019
As our Benlysta Senior Medical Lead on our US Medical Affairs team member you will be accountable for overall medical strategyof a key asset andachievement of thetactical objectives. Your role is critical to the overall success of the asset and in ensuring patients benefit from our scientific advancements.
As the Benlysta Senior Medical Lead you will be responsible for ensuring strategic alignment with US Commercial, Global Medical, and the overall US cross-functional matrix. This position will lead, directly and indirectly, a Medical Matrix Team (MMT) responsible for developing and executing multiple US Medical Affairs Strategic and tactical plans. In addition, you will ensure US needs for medical and health outcomes evidence generation are represented and incorporated into the global integrated evidence plans and recommend scientifically appropriate measures within health outcomes research over the lifecycle of the medicine(s) to meet US reimbursement needs.
This role will provide YOU with the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following...
- Medical Affairs team member accountablefor US medical asset strategy and execution for all medical asset activities in the US driving effective alignment and synergy across multiple indications' medical plans and activities where applicable
- Accountable for developing US medical strategy and perspective, ensuring medical strategy and plans are aligned with commercial asset strategy where appropriate
- Lead the cross-functional Medical Matrix Team to tailor/ adapt global asset strategy for US specific customer needs and environment. Provide strategic oversight of US Tactical Plans aligned to strategy
- Represent the US medical affairs perspective at GMAT and MCT, bringing a strong US view on medical strategy and US customer needs as input to global strategy
- Working with TAH, ensures strategic alignment of asset positioning and evidence planning with the overall therapeutic portfolio and disease area strategies
- Leads appropriate medical engagement between GSK and external communities to advance scientific and medical understanding including the appropriate development and use of our medicines, the management of disease, and patient care. Coordinate with the US MSL and Field Policy and Payor teams to ensure alignment and most effective engagement with top US based EEs , Policy and Payer decision makers
- Working in concert with the US VEO team, accountable for local evidence generation planning
- Overall Budget accountability for the asset in the US
- Steadfast commitment to the ongoing professional development of the talent reporting into the role and other in the organization as appropriate. Effective management of talent reporting directly into role
- Applies sound medical governance for all activities and is accountable for medical governance oversight and sign off for all asset indications
Why you? Basic Qualifications:
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Medical degree or science degree with extensive medical affairs experience
- Relevant experience in the therapeutic area
- 5+ years Pharmaceutical Industry experience
- Excellent strategic thinking, communication and leadership skills
- Strong business acumen and experience building investment cases
- Demonstrated relationship-building with the key medical/scientific experts
- Experience working in a matrix environment and managing senior stakeholders effectively
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Physician (M.D. or equivalent). Active or eligibility for a US Medical licensure (or equivalent previously outside of the US) is required.
- Medical Affairs experience, preferable on an Asset/Brand team with launch experience is preferred
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk, governance and control, managing ambiguity and paradox.
- Managing individual performance.
- Creating a performance culture and driving results, prioritisation, execution, delivering performance.
- Setting strategic direction and leading on-going organisational transformation.
- Building a resilient organisation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration in service of common goals, engaging the organisation and building trusted external networks for mutual benefit.
- Managing P&L and capital allocation.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top