Site Name: Ireland - Dublin
Posted Date: Feb 5 2021
We are currently hiring for a Batch Release Manager to be based in our Dublin office.
The Batch Release Manager has responsibility for the Batch Document Review and Release processes and for management of the batch release specialist team.
This is a Permanent position.
As Batch Release Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Provide effective leadership of the batch release specialist team, to ensure that products released for sale have been manufactured and packaged in accordance with cGMP and licence requirements.
- Ensure that Batch Documentation Review and Release operations are managed to deliver customer service and production schedule requirements.
- Liaise with External Supply Quality, Planning and manufacturing sites to ensure that planned activity reflects Supply Chain requirements.
- Provide support and coaching on GMP, documentation errors, root cause analysis and CAPA for deviations.
- Support Quality System management activities within the broader QP Importation Operations team.
- Manage the team of Batch Release Specialists including coaching, development planning, performance reviews, recruitment etc.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Third Level Degree in a Science related subject.
- Experience in pharmaceutical manufacturing, ideally in a Quality role, although strong experience in Production or Engineering roles would also be relevant.
- Knowledge and application of quality management systems.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to influence others outside own immediate area.
- Knowledge and application of principles of root cause analysis.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Ability to work independently and prioritize workload.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to enable and drive change.
- Problem identification and solving skills.
- Experience of working with multi-functional teams.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you'd like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities. You can either call us on 0808 234 4391, or send an email email@example.com
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.