Site Name: Poznan Business Garden
Posted Date: Jan 5 2022
At GSK , we're a company with a special purpose, to help people do more feel better and live longer. Realising our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living GSK's values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. And in return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Put simply, it's about you being motivated to do your best work, in a place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Together we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us. It is only through the energy, dedication, drive and passion of all of us that we can be the very best for GSK, and importantly, for our patients and consumers.
As a Back-end Developer you will be contributing within a product team for the technical solution design, implementation & continuous improvement of the Vaccines R&D Tech systems in alignment with Agile and DevSecOps principles, working closely with a Manager of Engineering, Senior Engineer, Architect, Agile Facilitator and Product Owner or Product Director. The Engineer is a "T-Shaped" role displaying both depth and breadth across key engineer proficiencies e.g. Software Development, Testing, DevOps, Data Science/Analytics, Lifecycle Management, etc. and the ability to optimally collaborate with experts from other subject domains. In addition, the role will demonstrate some, but not all, of the core engineer knowledge/experience of industry technologies, practices and frameworks e.g. NodeJS (express and Nest Frameworks), Docker, Azure/GCP (e.g. Azure Databricks, Azure Datawarehouse), GIT, OWASP understanding, OAUTH, Agile Framework, Unit Testing.
We are looking for engineers with these required skills to achieve our goal:
- Computer Science or related bachelor's degree desirable although meaningful experience is equally valued
- Minimum 2 years of commercial experience working as Back-end Developer
- Experience with Node with express and NestJS Framework
- Experience with Typescript
- Experience in Agile development and different approaches, but specifically Scrum.
- Database - definition and manipulation (Oracle SQL, PostgreSQL, graphQL)
- Restful API's - consumption and creation
- Good analytical, problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Good command of English both spoken and written (at least B2)
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Experience with ITIL
- Experience with relevant technology platforms (e.g. Kubernetes) and frameworks (e.g. Docker) including cloud technologies
- Experience with Azure services like Azure Databricks and Azure Datawarehouse
- .Net experience
- Subject matter expertise with relevant business process
- SAP Konowledge
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork.
- Career at one of the top tier global healthcare companies
- Contract of employment
- Attractive reward package (annual bonus & awards for outstanding performance, recognition awards for additional achievements and engagement, holiday benefit)
- Life insurance and pension plan
- Private medical package with additional preventive healthcare services for employees and their eligible
- Sports cards (Multisport)
- Possibilities of development within the role and company's structure
- Personalized learning approach (mentoring, online training' platforms: Pluralsight, Business Skills, Harvard Manage Mentor, Skillsoft and external training)
- Extensive support of work life balance (flexible working solutions, short Fridays option, health & well-being activities)
- Supportive community and integration events
- Modern office with creative rooms, fresh fruits everyday.
- Free car and bike parking, locker rooms and showers
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.