Automation Manager SME Primary technologies
- Wavre, Belgium
Site Name: Belgium-Wavre
Posted Date: Feb 7 2020
The Automation Department works closely with stakeholders to discover new opportunities, to add value through implementation of innovative technology and systems to enhance operational effectiveness of projects and to ensure excellent safety and operational standards.
You report to to the Director of Automation - Antonio - and to the Head of Global Engineering Core Technologies & Asset Care - Amir.
This role is based in Wavre, Belgium.
As SME Primary Technologies Automation, you are responsible for automation primary solutions which are deployed at GSK vaccines sites.
You Act as the automation global expert for:
- Building the bridge between technology and user expectations and needs,
- Lead automation design on projects,
- Define and maintain automation standards to drive compliance, efficiency and productivity.
In this role you,
- Articulate the automation Strategy for primary manufacturing in terms of business value (productivity, compliance, paperless, robustness, etc ),
- Translate the strategy into technical architecture (Instrumentation, DCS, BMS, Historian) and the associates life cycle management,
- Establish and maintain the right technological and commercial partnerships in close cooperation with procurement,
- Lead the automation design on Global CAPEX projects from the feasibility study until end of basic design, ensuring the right technology selection, proper gate stages reviews and the right technical approach (alarm design, S88 structure, etc),
- Leads the internal network of local and global experts, ensure sharing of best-practice and learnings in area of expertise, and ensures replication and automation strategy roadmap execution,
- Develop and maintain global qualification status of automation solutions,
- Develop and deliver training materials, including capability matrix definition and delivery methodology (i.e simulators),
- Monitor and assess new developments, industry trends, evolving regulatory expectations in area of expertise,
- Represent GSK in internal and external boards and contribute to the development of new standards.
Why you? Basic Qualifications:
We are looking for professionals with the following required skills to achieve our goals (must-have):
- Master's degree in Automation and/or Engineering,
- You have minimum 10 years of experience in Automation in Biologics or Pharmaceutical industry,
- In depth knowledge and expertise in automation area - more specifically on Instrumentation, DCS, BMS and Historian technologies,
- You have experience in driving Large capital projects related to automation,
- You have an in-depth understanding of GMPs, international regulations and guidelines,
- You are reliable - a change agent - with strong leadership skills
- You influence at all levels of the organisation, including the ability to manage networks and build relationships transversally across the Vaccines network and beyond,
- You have an excellent command of the English language (both written and spoken) to articulate clear business cases, discuss with senior management and make impactful presentations.
The following characteristics are assets (nice-to-have):
- Experience working in FDA approved sites,
- MES implementation experience,
- A good command of the French language.
Why GSK? Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork in a culture of Innovation, Performance and Trust.
Our Vaccines business has a broad portfolio and innovative pipeline of vaccines to protect people of all ages. We deliver over two million vaccine doses per day to people living in over 160 countries.
For further information, please visit www.gsk.com .
Once our pioneering treatments have been developed, they are manufactured to the highest standards and distributed across the regions that need them most. Accomplishing this as efficiently and quickly as possible can quite literally be a matter of life and death. So, it's no wonder that more than 70% of our talented workforce is based within Global Industrial Operations - the essential business unit that manufactures and manages the entire vaccine supply process, from customer order to product dispatch on a global scale.
As the name suggests, it operates in a multi-national context across more than 17 sites around the world, working closely in tandem with colleagues from a variety of disciplines and professions.
The department is structured in operating units that focus on various aspects of the manufacturing and supply process. These include Industrialisation (overseeing the transfer of production from R&D to a commercial level), Supply Chain Management and Technical Services.
At GSK we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution.
We provide a supportive working environment, and a range of development challenges and opportunities. We also offer competitive benefits and compensation packages designed to attract and to retain the very best.
If you have a disability and require assistance during the course of the selection process, you will have the opportunity to let us know what specific assistance you require in order to make suitable arrangements.
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Back to top