Site Name: USA - Maryland - Rockville
Posted Date: Jan 8 2020
Are you an Automation leader looking to move our site into the digital age? If so this role could be for you.
- Develop strategic direction and lead the execution of digital advancement projects to convert the site into a fully digital plant.
- Lead the execution of the digital transformation strategic work force plan by supporting the recruiting, onboarding, and capability build or resources.
- Manage the configuration, administration and maintenance activities, and lifecycle of the site's production computer and automation systems, including process control systems (DeltaV and Allen Bradley PLC), building automation systems (Siemens Apogee), data historians (InfoPlus21), and future MES (Syncade).
- Integrate with production, and other cross functional groups on the identification of and execution of improvement projects targeted at elimination of waste in order to reduce cost, increase product transition times, and increase yields using Lean Manufacturing techniques.
- Manage the utilization of digital analytics to drive process efficiencies, improve proactiveness of equipment reliability, and translate data into useful information for use by other cross functional groups.
- Demonstrate project management skills (schedule, cost, communications, and resource management) to execute projects in a timely and cost-effective manner.Well organized and able to multi-task in project environments, and skilled in technical communication.
- Oversee and/or support engineering activities including, manage projects and initiatives supporting the site's compliance, process improvement, productivity, and safety initiative goals. Conduct system assessments and plan and lead projects to maintain and improve the site's process control system viability, provide technical support to other site functions, generation of function tests, and commissioning / validation protocols, development and maintenance of SOPs, generation and maintenance of system life cycle documentation.
- Develop team capability and competency in technical, quality, safety, project management, and business management through leading, mentoring, coaching, and managing.
- Provide Engineering support services to the operation of a commercial biopharmaceutical production site.Assign and prioritize all work to ensure requirements, timelines, client's needs, and adherence to GSK standards and policies.
- Ensure site is compliant with applicable standards, policies, and regulations (Global Engineering Standards, GSK policies, cGMP, SOPs, Local and National Codes, etc).Ensure a high level of compliance with cGMP and support regulatory requirements. Prepare and participate as needed in all regulatory inspections.
- Evaluate current and future requirements of automation group (staffing, financial, and resource loading) and modify assignments and roles within group to align to department objectives Develop and manage departmental OPEX and CAPEX budgets as assigned.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering - Electrical, Computer Science, Mechanical, Chemical engineering (or similar)
- 15+ years of relevant engineering experience, pharmaceutical/biotechnology preferred
- Experience working in a regulated GMP environment.
- Proficient with application and administration of many of the following manufacturing control systems: Syncade MES, DeltaV, Allen Bradley PLC, VFD, HMI, building automation systems, servers, industrial communications / LAN, and data historians.
- Prior project engineering and/or technical management experience.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire technical groups
- Demonstrated ability to interact well with peers and across all levels of the organization.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Master's degree in Engineering
- Must be proficient with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project (or similar).
- Professional Engineering (PE) license or Chartered Engineering status preferred
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top