Automation Engineer - Delta V
- King of Prussia, PA
Site Name: USA - Pennsylvania - King of Prussia
Posted Date: May 11 2020
Are you interested in expanding your technical leadership expertise in a highly challenging state-of-the-art engineering environment? If so, this Automation Engineer role could be an excellent opportunity for you to explore.
As a Automation Engineer, you will provide engineering and technical support for manufacturing execution systems and digital systems in the Biopharmaceutical Operations facility
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Provide technical support of site automation systems and network infrastructure. Primarily support site deployments of Emerson Syncade (MES). Examples of other relevant systems are Emerson DeltaV (DCS), Informetric Infobatch (reporting), and SAP.
- Collaborate with building stakeholders throughout the automation life-cycle: gather system/end user requirements; complete design, implementation, and testing/validation of changes; maintain documentation; maintain and monitor various systems.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose problems with process controls and manufacturing execution systems; generate recommendations and then develop/execute solutions to correct and resolve.
- Drive continuous improvement and support capital projects.
- Adhere to, develop, and continuously improve the operation and maintenance procedures for process controls and manufacturing execution systems.
- Support the maintenance and upkeep of the operational technology environment through administration of systems, networks, databases, and accounts. This includes servers, hosts, and analytical equipment.
- Support site technology related to systems integration and digital transformation initiatives.
- Provide off-hours manufacturing support as part of an on-call rotation and provide subject matter expertise in support of regulatory audits & investigations.
- Work in a way that models respect for safety and EHS, quality compliance, data integrity, and engineering standards.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- BS/BA in engineering, life sciences, biology or equivalent technical discipline
2 years of relevant technical experience
- Experience in design, programming, start-up, and troubleshooting of manufacturing execution systems (Emerson Syncade)
- Ability to diagnose problems, generate options, prioritize issues, select optimal solutions, and implement decisions/resolve problems
- A demonstrated ability to interact well with peers and senior personnel in multidisciplinary teams involving scientific, engineering, and operational disciplines
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Experience in the design, programming, and troubleshooting any of the following systems is preferred: Emerson DeltaV, Informetric Infobatch, or SAP.
- Experience coding Visual Basic, XML, HTML or similar languages is preferred.
- Prior experience in systems/account administration, network design, and server troubleshooting is strongly preferred.
- Experience working in a GMP environment is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge in current standards of control system platforms and computer system validation is preferred.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top