- Rockville, MD
Site Name: USA - Maryland - Rockville
Posted Date: Apr 24 2020
Are you interested in assisting in the design and development of analytical methods to support product and process development? If so, this Associate Scientist role could be an ideal opportunity to explore.
As an Associate Scientist, you will be responsible for participating to development of analytical methods in the separation (chromatography and electrophoresis) area, performing routine and not routine sample testing to support process development and product understanding of new candidate vaccines.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following :
- Analyzing vaccines, recombinant proteins, monoclonal antibodies, fusion proteins, and/or mRNA vaccine candidates using HPLC and UPLC such as reversed phase chromatography (RP-HPLC), size exclusion chromatography (SEC) , ion exchange chromatography (IEX) and affinity chromatographyor electrophoresis techniques such as SDS-PAGE or Capillary Electrophoresis.
Basic Qualifications We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- MS degree with 3+ years of industry experience or a BS degree with 5+ years of industry experience in analyzing vaccines.
Preferred Qualifications If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Experience with other separation technologies such as SDS-PAGE and capillary electrophoresis is a plus.
- Proficiency with the use of Waters instrumentation and Empower software is preferred.
Why GSK? Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top