Associate QC Microbiologist I
- Rockville, MD
Site Name: USA - Maryland - Rockville
Posted Date: Mar 9 2020
Are you looking for an opportunity to conduct quality control sampling and testing? If so, this Associate QC Microbiologist I role could be a great opportunity to consider.
- Completes daily assigned routine tasks timely and accurately (may include collection and/or testing of GMP samples, reporting of data, assisting other Microbiologists, general lab housekeeping)
- Paperwork completion, data entry, filing, etc.
- Serves on team projects (i.e. qualifications, investigation) in the role of testing support and initiation of investigation
- Responsible for completing laboratory housekeeping to ensure safety and compliance
- Identifies areas for improvement or gaps in both safety and compliance (ZAPs/ZIPs)
- Effectively communicates issues/hurdles to supervisor and/or manager
- Supports GSK site initiatives and departmental goals
- Job requires gowning into GMP manufacturing spaces to collect samples.
- Requires holiday and weekend work
- Supports investigations for EM and Clean Utilities
Work Schedule: this position has two openings both on the day shift:
- One person will work Sunday through Thursday
- The second person will work Tuesday through Saturday
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- BA/BS in science field
- 0-2 years industrial experience in the biopharmaceutical industry, such as Microbiology, Biology, or related field experience.
- 2 or more years of industry experience
- Proven experience working in teams to improve processes or resolve problems using organizational effectiveness tools.
- Experience providing Quality Control (QC) testing support to at least one value stream.
Preferred Qualifications: If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- This position may require knowledge of microbial assays (bioburden and endotoxin), and/or environmental control and monitoring and/or clean utility sampling and testing in a cGMP environment
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness.
This is a job description to aide in the job posting, but does not include all job evaluation details.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GSK's Employees
JasdeepSenior Manager, Corporate Services Procurement - Digital & Tech
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top