Assistant Brand Manager
Site Name: Canada - Ontario - Mississauga
Posted Date: Nov 28 2019
The Assistant Brand manager is an individual that has a strong passion for the consumer and a desire to own and relish the power to be a champion for the consumer and the brands. This individual must be able to drive their business with a strong consumer-centric approach, work in close collaboration with a variety of cross-functional partners including sales, finance, operations, medical affairs, regulatory affairs, global colleagues and external agencies (in addition to their own team) to harness the company's resources to move their brands forward.
- Work with cross functional teams (including external agency partners) to evaluate, develop, oversee and execute brand plans with excellence.
- Ongoing management of brand P&Ls including forecasting, market analysis and tracking of sales and expenses.
- New product development: work with Regional and Global innovation teams to assess market opportunities, develop ideas, and bring to market.
- Consumer communications and promotions: work with internal SMEs (Insights, Media, Digital, Shopper marketers) and external agencies to develop strategies, produce marketing creative assets and determine media plans.
- Liaise with Legal/Medical/Regulatory Affairs on issues related to the brands.
- Oversee day-to-day brand administration such as demand planning inputs, budget tracking, etc.
- Partner with Consumer Insights to initiate research projects and apply research to support strategic decision-making and tactical implementation.
- Bachelor's degree required
- 1-3 years marketing experience
- A strong problem solver with ability to think both analytically and creatively to effectively drive business objectives
- Ability to lead, influence, and inspire cross-functional teams through strategy and vision
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills to build consensus across functions and levels
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a flair for story-telling
- Courage, resiliency, perseverance, and tenacity to champion initiatives from start-to-end
- Passion for the consumer and brand building
- Experience in CPG OTC industries
- MBA is an asset
- Respiratory or Dermatology experience is an asset
GSK is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. GSK is committed to accommodating persons with disabilities. If you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Back to top