Analytical Associate Scientist
- Richmond, VA
Site Name: Richmond Sherwood
Posted Date: Oct 13 2020
Are you energized by a Quality Assurance role that allows you to accelerate compliance in a highly technical and regulated environment? If so, this Operational QA Staff role could be an exciting opportunity to explore.
As an Operational QA Staff, you will manage/lead/be responsible for working on the shop floor addressing quality issues during production shift operating hours. Additional responsibilities include supporting incident and deviation investigations, participation in internal auditing activities and batch record review.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following...
- Ensure products are produced to the correct specification and per the operating instructions for all markets.
- Participate in gathering data and providing quality insights for deviation and consumer complaint investigations.
- Assist in review and approval of finished goods batch documentation.
- Assist in level 1 and level 2 internal auditing programs.
- To ensure that all batch implicating issues are highlighted and resolved without delay to batch release and/or impact to compliance/regulatory requirements.
- Comply with all operational safety, process safety, environmental permits, Quality policies, procedures and training requirements.
- Ensure quality is managed on the operational floor, however unlike Quality Operations Technician role, this role will not be allowed to approve any master quality documentation, deviation investigations, validations, or any other quality documentation that requires the approval of the Quality Department.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Experience troubleshooting basic instrumentation issues
- BS Chemistry
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Experience addressing technical business solutions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven experience assuring compliance with regulations
- Has knowledge of basic chemistry and laboratory techniques
- Applies technical skills and functional knowledge to projects/ assignments
- Acts as a scientific resource within the analytical team
- Successfully executes established procedures, methodologies and method validation / transfer protocols with supervision
- Properly follows appropriate documentation procedures
- A scientific and technical colleague that interfaces with other analytical and quality team members
- Consistently recognizes atypical data including chromatography and intermediate results
- Recognizes documentation issues of colleagues and works with colleague to resolve them in a timely manner
- Assists a more senior colleague in method development and trouble shooting which includes experimental work.
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
This is a job description to aide in the job posting, but does not include all job evaluation details.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top