Analyst Middle Office
Site Name: UK - London - Brentford
Posted Date: Mar 8 2020
We are looking for a Middle Office Analyst to join our brand- new team within Treasury. In this role you will be accountable for risk management reporting, front office reporting and business control functions for Treasury activities in London. Responsibility extends to consolidated reporting of capturing the Group cash positions by financial institution.
This is a fantastic opportunity to move into a global role and join GSK in an exciting period of transformation.
- Responsible for performing and participating in Treasury risk management analysis as required
- Develop a functional governance reporting framework for Treasury by activities
- Assist in standardising functional processes across regions
- Management of Counterparty Exposure including 3rd party limit allocation and control with all LOCs
- Delivery and development of the Treasury Dashboard and Management report
- Development and maintenance of daily reporting
- Identify potential opportunities to improve the extraction of management data from the existing systems
- Quarterly review of Counterparty Exposure limits in accordance with the applicable credit policies to accommodate any changes made to the credit framework/policy
- Breach reporting (Treasury)
- Review Operational hedges and Mandates
- Maintain Breach Log
- Assist Middle Office Manager with SOX compliance and control assessments
- Act as back up for other team members within the Middle Office when required
- Assist with projects and Adhoc as required
- Monitor relevant direct and indirect cost results to ensure correct cost allocations and advise the Group Treasurer on a variance analysis of consolidated Treasury budgets
- Liaise with Internal Audit ensure that Treasury's SOx obligations are managed within the approved annual governance calendar set by the Group
- A basic understanding of treasury operational and governance frameworks and of the accounting for treasury financial instruments.
- Demonstrable experience within finance and accounting
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- You will be a self-starter, comfortable working under own initiative
- Qualified/ studying towards obtaining an accounting qualification (ACA, CIMA, ACCA, CFA, CA or CPA) with relevant practical experience
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class(US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you'd like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities. You can either call us on 0808 234 4391, or send an email firstname.lastname@example.org
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top