AI/ML Platform Engineer
- Collegeville, PA
Site Name: USA - Pennsylvania - Philadelphia, USA - Pennsylvania - Upper Providence, USA - California - San Francisco
Posted Date: Jan 24 2020
At GlaxoSmithKline we have created a world-leading data and computational environment to enable large scale scientific experiments that exploit GSK's unique access to data. Our focus is on bringing data, analytics & science together into solutions for our scientists to develop medicines for patients.
We are seeking to grow our team with brilliant and diverse contributors with technical ability. We are looking for machine learning and infrastructure experts that want to be part of a team that discovers new medicines. The role of AI/ML Platform Engineer is an exciting opportunity that will stretch your knowledge and curiosity, offering the opportunity to learn new skills and work within a global community.
This is a hands-on position where you will be empowered to be creative, ambitious and bold. Our mission on the AI/ML Platform Engineering team is to provide deep computing expertise, automated workflows, production-grade infrastructure, and helpful tooling to enable the AI/ML team and our partners to solve cutting-edge research problems in the pharma space and translate their solutions into direct impact on the business and on patients.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. As an AI/ML Platform Engineer, we'd like you to be able to:
- Build metadata-driven workflows for simplifying the machine learning process, including data movement, parallelized training, and artifact capture for later inference
- Contribute to a modern, cloud-native ecosystem of tools for inference-as-a-service and other parts of the ML ecosystem using tools like Kubernetes, Helm, Docker, Python, Go, and Scala
- Help to design and implement an AutoML service on GSK R&D's data platform and computing infrastructure
- Embed with AI/ML project teams to provide deep computing and software engineering expertise (code review and coding standards, debugging, performance optimization, etc)
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Advanced Degree (Pure Mathematics or Engineering, Statistics, Data Science, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Computational Biology, Computational Chemistry or related quantitative field)
- Expert understanding of Python
- Experience with at least one Deep Learning framework such as TensorFlow, Keras, or PyTorch, including parallelism
- Comfortable in C/C++
- Experience with professional software development practices such as code standards, code reviews, source control best practices, etc
- Exposure to job scheduling systems such as Slurm, YARN, or Kubernetes
- Experience with modern CI/CD tools such as Jenkins or GitLab
- Experience with building apps for modern, container-based ecosystems, such as Kubernetes+Docker
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively as part of a team to both teach and learn every day
Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top