- San Francisco, CA
Site Name: USA - California - San Francisco
Posted Date: Jan 25 2021
At GSK we see a world in which advanced applications of Machine Learning and AI will allow us to develop novel therapies to existing diseases and to quickly respond to emerging or changing diseases with personalized drugs, driving better outcomes at reduced cost with fewer side effects. It is an ambitious vision that will require the development of products and solutions at the cutting edge of Machine Learning and AI. If that excites you, we'd love to chat.
We're looking for a highly accomplished AI/ML Engineer to help us make this vision a reality. Competitive candidates will have a track record of shipping high performing AI/ML powered products in production environments. They are highly accomplished Machine Learning Engineers, with breadth across Machine Learning Methods, as well as depth in at least one area. Additionally, they are accomplished software engineers with a track record of shipping stable, tested, performant code and services in an agile environment.
Strong candidates will have graduate studies in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or the equivalent, and a passion for solving challenging problems in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. Educational or professional background in the biological sciences is a plus but is not necessary; passion to help therapies for new and existing diseases, and a pattern of continuous learning and development is mandatory.
The AI/ML team is built on the principles of ownership, accountability, continuous development, and collaboration. We hire for the long term, and we're motivated to make this a great place to work. Our leaders will be committed to your career and development from day one.
Why you? Basic Qualifications: We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Graduate studies in Computer Science or Applied Math, undergraduate studies in Computer Science and relevant graduate studies in the life sciences with a focus on AI/ML techniques, or undergraduate studies in Computer Science and equivalent work history. Candidates with graduate studies in CS and biological sciences or equivalent work history will be highly competitive.
- Accomplished software engineer with intermediate skills in python or C++
- Intermediate skills with PyTorch, Tensorflow, or other deep learning frameworks
- Breadth across the ML stack
Preferred Qualifications: If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- PhD in computer science
- Understanding and application of best practices in Machine Learning
- Track record of contributing to open source projects
Why GSK? Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigor and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top