Account Manager, IDN IHS-New England
Site Name: USA - Massachusetts - Boston
Posted Date: Jan 8 2020
As the Account Manager, IDN HIS - New England, you will be responsible for driving access, incremental growth & value to population health decision-making customers in the assigned Integrated Delivery Networks (IDNs). Manage access and contract pull-through of GSK respiratory, specialty and oncology products in assigned IDNs. Utilize process improvement expertise while working in alignment with FVP, IDN Director & Respiratory, Specialty and Oncology Selling Teams. Works in a complex Matrix environment, collaborating with the Field to manage pull-through from IDN into the retail and specialty marketplace.
- Responsible for driving respiratory, specialty and oncology sales growth in assigned IDN customers
- Develops values-based solutions & relationships with clinical, financial, and organizational population health decision makers including, but not limited to, Pharmacy, Purchasing and C-Suite.
- Responsible for contract pull-through, solution development, coordinating selling and other activities with the field for assigned IDN customers that may cross multiple geographies.
- Works collaboratively within the Matrix and develops and follows appropriate communication cadence.
- Works with the GSK Internal Leadership to include, IDN Regional Directors, Sales Team, Medical, & other Stakeholders to create and execute consistent quarterly business reviews that capture, documents, and maximize the cumulative value of the relationship at the assigned IDN.
- Weekend and evening activity is required as needed with travel up to 50%.
- Completion of required training, testing, and product certifications within the designated timeframes.
- Embrace and follow GSK policies, practices, risk-based standards and values in support of our customers, patients, fellow employees, and individual expectations.
Why You? Basic Qualifications: We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of pharmaceutical experience with knowledge across the commercial business
- 2+ years of B2B account management experience
Preferred Qualifications: If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- MBA and/or advanced clinical/science degree or equivalent
- 2+ years of successful IDN account management experience
- Excellent negotiation and/or major account sales skills
- Excellent communication (written & verbal), interpersonal influencing skills and prioritization skills
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain relationships with key customers and internal stakeholders
- Understanding of the account planning process
- GPO/Payer contract understanding
- Demonstrated analytical ability
- Strong presentation skills
- Deep understanding of the IDN space and healthcare trends
- People management experience
- Understanding of the laws and regulations covering providers and payers
- Ability to apply Compliance Policies and Procedures (CPP) in unstructured and fluid situations
Why GSK? Our values and expectationsare at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork.As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top