2 year FTC - UK Statutory Compliance & Process Improvement Manager
- Brentford, United Kingdom
Site Name: UK - London - Brentford
Posted Date: Jun 26 2020
We are looking for a UK Statutory Compliance & Process Improvement Manager to join us in GSK HQ, Brentford! This role offers a fantastic insight to the broader GSK business and with our current period of transformation there has never been a more exciting time to join us!
In this role you will perform a high-profile governance role that gives exposure across the entire UK business. Furthermore you will have the opportunity to shape & execute GSK's UK Statutory Reporting process from within the Global Tax team. As well as ensuring the delivery of UK accounts on an annual basis, your purpose will be to continuously seek ways to improve the quality and timeliness of GSK's UK filings in order to streamline the whole reporting process. To do this you will be working in partnership with our strategic partners (KPMG & EY) and internal stakeholders. The role also involves partnering with our external auditors to ensure they perform their role as required.
- You will be responsible for governance of our Strategic Partners (KPMG & EY) in their contractual delivery of the annual UK Statutory Reports for 80+ UK Biopharma & Consumer legal entities.
- You will be accountable for overseeing the quality and timeliness of deliverables by our Strategic Partners (UK accounts reported under FRS101 and their accompanying analytical reviews).
- Proactively manage the stakeholder relationships with Strategic Partners, GSK Finance, GSK Tax, External Auditors, GSK Transfer Pricing & other teams across GSK.
- Ensure proper planning and timetabling is done prior to the commencement of delivery with all the relevant stakeholders.
- You will identify risks in subprocesses, common examples include (i) valuations required to support impairment assessments, (ii) impacts from changes to accounting standards & (iii) gaps in roles and responsibilities of stakeholders.
- Using feedback from stakeholders you will identify opportunities to improve the quality and/or efficiency of the process.
- Ensure the end customers (Signing Directors) have confidence in the end to end process.
- You will work with stakeholders to problem-solve issues and, where necessary, escalate challenges to Global Tax LT.
- ACCA/ACA (or equivalent) qualified
- Demonstrable experience in account preparation & review
- Demonstrable experience in an Audit role
- Big 4 experience
- Demonstrable experience of outsourced service management
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class(US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you'd like to discuss any adjustments to our process which might help you demonstrate your strengths and capabilities. You can either call us on 0808 234 4391, or send an email firstname.lastname@example.org
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Back to top