VP of Product
About The Opportunity
Hungry for a new venture?
Grubhub is the nation's leading online and mobile food ordering company, dedicated to connecting hungry diners with their favorite local restaurants. The people who work at Grubhub are our company's greatest asset; each person at Grubhub plays an integral part in building tools and technology that help restaurants succeed, and in cooking up fresh new ways to delight our diners.
The company’s online and mobile ordering platforms allow diners to order directly from more than 55,000 takeout restaurants in over 1,100 U.S. cities and London. The Grubhub portfolio of brands includes Grubhub, Seamless, AllMenus, and MenuPages.
We want you to enjoy where you work, who you work with and what you work on. At Grubhub, you can order your cake and eat it too!
As a Vice President of Product at Grubhub, you will be responsible for developing and delivering the product roadmap and execution for a broad swath of initiatives for our Diner organization. You will have direct responsibility for the oversight and thought leadership of multiple product directors and teams within the Grubhub organization. You will collaborate across the organization with Senior Leadership and critical business stakeholders, and be responsible for driving growth of our diners through a high value experience through our diner products. You will report directly into the SVP of Product for the Grubhub organization, based in our New York City office location.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Help lead and set the company’s strategic direction, defining and articulating new opportunities, and working in close concert with executive leadership, GrubHub’s technology team and various business teams, to articulate specific goals
- Create the vision and articulate the short and long term product strategy for our Diner product teams, ensuring alignment with the over Product Roadmap for the larger Grubhub organization
- Own the delivery and clear messaging of the Diner strategy and goals to Product teams and ensuring delivery against them
- Be responsible for the leadership development of several Product leaders and product teams within the organization
You Should Have
- 15+ years experience with strong technical or product expertise including the ability to manage multiple Product teams
- 10+ years experience leading high performance team in fast-paced organizations and environments
- Strong ability collaborate with C-level executives and across broad organizations including technology, marketing, sales, operations, and finance
- Demonstrated experience with optimizing Conversion funnels, Site analytics, Site Testing, CRM and Marketing Systems in a B2C environment
- Demonstrated experience launching new products in high growth markets
- Demonstrated experience with SEO techniques and other product driven growth initiatives
- Familiar with product development in Agile and OKR methodologies preferably with squad or tribe structures
- Familiarity with managing site content systems and localization
- Experience managing or providing guidance to virtual team members and or teams
- Superior communication skills, including the ability to crystallize and broadly socialize insights into stakeholder needs that the stakeholders themselves may not be able to articulate
- Familiarity and comfort with data, including the ability to use data to analyze and monitor product health, set
- Ability to weigh competing priorities, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with stakeholders, driving to consensus while maintaining a clear focus on overarching business priorities.
- BA required; MBA a plus.
Meet Some of GrubHub's Employees
Noel and his API Team create and code the mobile, web search, and result platforms. Their work interprets the information GrubHub clients consume on a daily basis.
Back to top