VP of Design & UX
About The Opportunity
Grubhub is looking for a VP of Design and User Experience for its growing Product organization. The VP of Design & UX will be the driving force behind the delivery of industry-leading design which appeals through both the sensory food experience for customers while delivering on strategic business goals.
You will lead our large product design & user research teams, helping to shape the direction and strategy for these key pillars of the product organization. Reporting into the Senior VP of Product, you will play a key role in delivering on the company mission.
We believe design is a part of every important product decision and has the ability to create true business value. The successful candidate will work closely with both the executive team and senior product & engineering leadership to help define product, design & brand strategy.
If you are someone who is passionate about design, research, and building and leading teams who are just as passionate - this may be the right opportunity for you.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Oversee a large design & research organization – inspiring and motivating a world-class team of talented folks to deliver their best work.
- Be a true advocate for design thinking at the highest level of the organization and demonstrate its ability to deliver business value
- Create and drive the company’s strategy for design – align and collaborate with key stakeholders to ensure this vision helps deliver on both the customers and business goals
- Ensure brand & system level consistency across our large set of products for both consumers, corporates, restaurants, drivers and internal tools
- Advocate for the customer in all decisions with the product, engineering, and design teams
- Draw insights from the work of our talented research team and know how to turn those insights into tangible solutions
- Oversee the creation and iteration of best-in-class service experience for our community of customers
You Should Have
- At least 12+ years of Product Design & UX experience for either consumer or B2B brands with a focus on complex flows and use cases across customer journeys
- At least three years, building and leading a highly effective design organization at a tech co which has shown excellence in product design
- Strong point-of-view on modern, effective design processes and systems
- Evidence of successful collaboration with engineering orgs
- Evidence of using research and data to steer design thinking
- Point-of-view on how to create happy, productive design organizations
- Awareness of best-in-class tools for design and prototyping
- Highly engaged and visible in the global design community
- Strong experience working across all digital and physical manifestations of what we design - from responsive web to native applications to the next technological leap
- Extensive understanding of prototyping methodologies and practices, user research methodologies and A/B test planning/execution
- Excellent communication and data visualization skills. You can bring internal stakeholders on your design journey and support your decisions with focus and brevity
- A deep curiosity and ability to consider product strategy and vision. You don’t just care about “how it looks,” or “what we should design,” but “why are we designing this at all?”
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@grubhub.com and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Meet Some of GrubHub's Employees
Senior Director, Acquisition Marketing
Steven uses every marketing tool from television to direct mail to display advertising to consistently acquire new customers—and drive Grubhub forward in the industry.
Back to top