We work with awesome people every day. We don’t mean “awesome” like how other people use “awesome”—in some conjunctive form with “sauce” or “balls.” We really mean it. We work with some of the greatest people in the tech industry here at Grubhub. We’re looking for more.
Grubhub leads in the mobile food-ordering industry with a portfolio of brands that includes Grubhub, Seamless, MenuPages and Allmenus. We’re dedicated to connecting hungry diners with local restaurants. With offices in New York City, Chicago and London, Grubhub supports every order with 24/7 customer service.
We want you to enjoy where you work. Who you work with. What you work on. At Grubhub, you can order your cake and eat it too.
About the Opportunity:
GrubHub is looking for a Visual Designer who is passionate about designing amazing brand experiences. The position will be responsible for designing and managing multiple B2C and B2B content sites for Grubhub and Seamless. This person will also design content modules in our product user flow using a content management system and act as a bridge between our internal marketing creative team members and product designers. This person will be passionate about taking a user centered approach to design and can apply this discipline to B2C (diner-facing) and B2B (restaurants, drivers and corporate users) interfaces.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle:
● Lead the design for our recently launched content site, The Crave, continuing to iterate on the user interface based on user behavior as well as launch new content modules.
● Redesign and maintain marketing sites to support lead generation for our B2B offerings including getgrubhub.com and driver.grubhub.com.
● Create an approach for content development from creation, management, integration and delivery into content management system
● Manage a design backlog and prioritize asks across the marketing organization
● Be the voice of the marketing organization interacting with the product design team to represent our POV and brand tonality in product design development
● Plan and conduct content audits and competitive and heuristic analyses; optimize based on user and analytical insights; synthesize and present findings.
● Face challenge with optimism and strive for design excellence in everything you do.
You Should Have:
● Impeccable design aesthetic and an understanding of how to bring to life a brand voice through content and interactive design.
● Able to critique own work and listen to feedback and adjust designs as needed
● Solid understanding of responsive web development including knowledge with HTML, CSS, Design tools (Adobe creative suite, Sketch App) and presentation tools (Keynote, Presio)
● Familiarity with design and technical considerations for various form factors and applied approach to Visual QA working with a software developer
● Positive self starter who is energized by solving problems in a fast paced culture
● Experience developing content and using brand guidelines to vet
● BA in Interaction Design, Communication Design, Marketing, or related fields
● 3-4 years of experience in visual design, content design or design production Excellent negotiation, communications, organization, team-work and follow-up skills.
● Detail oriented and efficiency-minded – balancing strategy with operational requirement.
● A team player who collaborates easily with other designers, markets and developers to build on ideas and jointly solve creative challenges
Got These? Even Better:
● Experience preferred working with digital and/or e-commerce brands
● Previous work in content development or product design
● Strong passion for content and digital space
And Of Course, Perks!:
● Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent.
● Never go hungry! We provide weekly GrubHub/Seamless credit.
● Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more.
● Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections.
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
*Grubhub Inc. is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer.
Meet Some of GrubHub's Employees
Noel and his API Team create and code the mobile, web search, and result platforms. Their work interprets the information GrubHub clients consume on a daily basis.
Back to top