Team Lead Engineering - Market Management
About The Opportunity
As the Team Lead of the Delivery Market Management team, you will be responsible for the systems and tools that to manage a market. You will work with data scientists, decision engineers, systems engineers, product managers and operations specialists to design and build real-time models and systems to identify and take corrective action for degradation of service levels, driver supply problems and other market imbalances. Your team will build tools that enable market managers to set service and operation level targets for a market based on business goals and criteria. You will work with the Data team to design tools and dashboards that will give market managers added visibility into market conditions.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Build, recruit and manage a talented engineering team.
- Take technical responsibility for a family of systems - manage technical debt, be on the lookout for opportunities for improvement, and work with system engineers to keep our production systems scaling and performing wickedly fast
- Work with product and business leaders to determine the roadmap and deliverables for the market management suite of services.
- Actively contribute to the adoption of strong software architecture, development best practices, and new technologies. Be a leader within your team and the organization.
You Should Have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Programming or Engineering related field
- 7+ years experience building highly-scalable applications(delivery or real-time logistics preferred)
- 2+ years in a leadership capacity or 5+ years experience with leadership responsibilities
- Experience with real-time logistics
- Provides mentorship and coaching on career growth and development in a formal setting
- Manages a team of Engineers and provides mentorship and coaching on career growth for People Management responsibility
- Java, C#, or a similar modern object-oriented language
- Experience architecting, designing and developing testable, fault tolerant, and performant software
- AWS experience, or similar cloud-based offerings.
- Automated testing experience applicable for services (Junit/testing, Mockito + Jmeter/Gatling.io)
- Familiarity with eventually consistent databases (Cassandra/MongoDB/CouchDB), distributed and or relational databases is desired
- Familiarity or experience with Docker, or similar containerized solutions and Mesos or Kubernetes is a plus.
- Familiarity or experience with linear optimization, analytical models or machine learning will be a strong plus
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@grubhub.com and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top