Team Lead Engineering - Market Growth Strategies
About The Opportunity
Here at Grubhub we’ve been dedicated to giving diners the most convenient way to order food from their favorite restaurants (whether that’s a late night Chalupa from Taco Bell or a salad for lunch from a local restaurant the day after they enjoyed said late night Chalupa).
While we are food-obsessed, we are also customer-obsessed. We look to constantly innovate our technology so our diners’ food experience is memorable, restaurant owners get more business and individuals across the country looking for work can deliver the food from the restaurant to the diner flawlessly. We take great pride in knowing that we are a part of 20+ million diners food ordering experience and we are partnered with 125,000 restaurants in 2,400 US cities across our suite of apps (Grubhub, LevelUp, Seamless, Tapingo, AllMenus and MenuPages).
Want to be a part of the biggest movement in the US that is moving eating forward? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
As a Team Lead Software Engineer on the Marketing Growth Strategies team you will play a central role in driving Grubhub’s diners growth strategies in collaboration with marketing. Projects you will focus on are prospective and returning diners marketing campaigns, refer a friend program, and our integrated marketing framework. You will work closely with Engineering leadership and Product stakeholders to drive technical designs and leverage your own experience to solve the most challenging and difficult problems the team faces. You will lead the development efforts of an agile team and be responsible for coaching and creating career paths and goals for the team members.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Develop highly-available, fault tolerant features on our microservices platform.
- Process big data sets with parallel distributed algorithms on clusters.
- Collaborate with leadership, product owners, and technologists to deliver features that grow our daily active diners.
- Understand our products from both a technical and business perspective and help us drive innovation.
- Build and deploy features with limited or no reliance on QA.
- Be a proponent for improving our platform, processes, and tools.
- Work across teams to accomplish project goals. Manage other teams’ expectations around team deliverables and charter and ensure minimal overlap of effort between teams
- Oversee and manage team sprints and effectively communicate with non-technical stakeholders and customers across the organization
- Understand each engineer's strengths and development opportunities; balance autonomy with oversight for each individual. Provide mentorship and coaching on career growth and development in a formal setting.
- Motivate team towards project goals and provide clear and concise direction towards the team’s objectives and recognize team for their successes
- Set the standard for team behavior and holds themselves accountable for their team’s failures
You Should Have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Programming or Engineering related field
- 7+ years experience building highly-scalable consumer-facing applications(e-commerce preferred)
- 2+ years in a leadership capacity or 5+ years experience with leadership responsibilities, having 1:1 with team members to create career goals
- Experience with End-to-End (E2) testing frameworks
- Experience working in a test-driven development
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Experience mentoring/coaching engineers along with overseeing the technical work of developers from other teams or 3rd party vendors
- Experience with Java or a similar modern object-oriented language
- Must have a strong computer science foundation, i.e. data structures, algorithms, and distributed systems
- Experience with distributed architecture designs and design patterns
- Experience working with API’s, RPC’s, and developing distributed systems.
- Familiarity with distributed NoSQL databases
- Familiarity with AWS or equivalent cloud service platform
- Knowledge of Scala and Python a plus
- Knowledge of marketing strategies a big plus
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. It’s true, no strings attached and all the time you need to recharge.
- Better Benefits. Get quality insurance, flex-spending accounts, retirement options and commuter perks.
- Free Food. Kitchens are stocked and free Grubhub each week.
- Stock Up. All of our employees are owners, in fact, they’re granted Restricted Stock Units, which means we’re all in it to win it.
- Casual Culture. Catch rays on the rooftop or get comfy on a couch and get to know your coworkers — because work, should be a place you want to be.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@grubhub.com and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top