Team Lead Engineering- Delivery
About The Opportunity
GrubHub is hiring is looking for a Engineering Team Lead to provide technical and architectural leadership for a key Delivery Team. This role will have a small team of Engineers reporting to you. You will conceptualize, design, build and deploy to the field new and innovative products for our restaurant partners enabling self-management and onboarding of all existing and future partners.
About the opportunity:
This role will focus as an Engineering Team Lead who is willing to wear many hats and take ownership of full- life cycle development, including design and architecture and managing a small team of awesome engineers. This role will focus on our Delivery team that impacts how our customers use our service.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Design, implement and deliver awesome technical platforms and products for all constituencies (diners, corporate accounts, restaurants, internal tools)
- Communicate with leadership, product owners, other technologists, and users to create working software based on an understanding of business and technical priorities.
- Code reviews and managing and mentoring a small agile team
- Break down complex problems into elegant technical solutions to intelligently solve problems for GrubHub.com diners, restaurant, corporate accounts and internal stakeholders
- Build and deploy features with limited or no reliance on QA
- Actively contribute to the adoption of strong software architecture, development best practices, and new technologies.
You Should Have
- 7+ years of industry experience
- 2+ years of experience managing a team of developers
- Fully self sufficient in either Java 8, Ruby or C#
- Exposure to algorithms would be seen as a plus
- Experience with Spring or equivalent WebMVC framework
- Extensive experience building REST APIs
- An understanding of Cassandra and NoSQL Databases
- Experience Building HA & Fault Tolerant applications
- Desire to work in a fast paced, tech and product oriented company
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent.
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly GrubHub/Seamless credit.
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more.
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Meet Some of GrubHub's Employees
Senior Director, Acquisition Marketing
Steven uses every marketing tool from television to direct mail to display advertising to consistently acquire new customers—and drive GrubHub forward in the industry.
Back to top