Team Lead - Android
About The Opportunity
Hungry for a new venture?
Grubhub is the nation's leading online and mobile food ordering company, dedicated to connecting hungry diners with their favorite local restaurants. The people who work at Grubhub are our company's greatest asset; each person at Grubhub plays an integral part in building tools and technology that help restaurants succeed, and in cooking up fresh new ways to delight our diners.
The company’s online and mobile ordering platforms allow diners to order directly from more than 55,000 takeout restaurants in over 1,100 U.S. cities and London. The Grubhub portfolio of brands includes Grubhub, Seamless, AllMenus, and MenuPages.
We want you to enjoy where you work, who you work with and what you work on. At Grubhub, you can order your cake and eat it too!
About the opportunity:
We are looking for an Android Team Lead to join our awesome Delivery mobile team to lead android development. Our mobile team is a talented group of smart, humble people who are passionate about creating amazing mobile products using cutting-edge technology (Dagger 2, Volley, etc.). Innovation, research and creativity are always at the forefront of what we do, so if you’re excited to work on a product that will change the way delivery is done around the country, we look forward to receiving your application.
This role will focus as an Android Team Lead who is willing to wear many hats and take ownership of full- life cycle development, including design and architecture and Managing a team of awesome Android Engineers.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Design, implement and deliver awesome technical solutions and experiences for Grubhub drivers
- Communicate with leadership, product owners, designers, and your peers to create working software based on an understanding of business and technical priorities.
- Manage, mentor, and participate in a small agile team
- Break down complex problems into elegant technical solutions to benefit Grubhub drivers
- Actively contribute to the adoption of strong application architecture, development best practices, and new technologies.
You Should Have
- 10+ years of industry experience
- 2+ years of experience managing a team of developers
- Fully self sufficient in the Android platform and tools
- An understanding of Android app architecture and design patterns
- Recent hands-on development experience in a complex native, location-aware application
- Experience with Espresso, Dagger 2, Robolectric is a plus
- Experience with agile methodologies, certification is a plus
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent.
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit.
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more.
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@grubhub.com and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Meet Some of GrubHub's Employees
Senior Director, Acquisition Marketing
Steven uses every marketing tool from television to direct mail to display advertising to consistently acquire new customers—and drive GrubHub forward in the industry.
Back to top