Systems Administrator - II (2nd Shift - 3pm to 11pm)
About The Opportunity
GrubHub leads in the mobile food-ordering industry with a portfolio of brands that includes GrubHub, Seamless, MenuPages and Allmenus. We’re dedicated to connecting hungry diners with local restaurants. With offices in New York City, Chicago and London, GrubHub supports every order with 24/7 customer service.
The candidate will be a key member of the 24x7 GrubOps support team working out of the Chicago corporate offices. The Production Support Admin II is a mid-level technical position supporting internal and partner systems enabling GrubHub.com and Seamless.com. Technical requirements include application and server monitoring and support; and troubleshooting hardware, software and network related problems.
This position also requires contributing to a team oriented support environment with strong communication and troubleshooting skills while managing tickets and escalating support in a professional environment. This position will report to a Team Lead/ Manager, and is a technical escalation point for entry-level administrators.
We are looking for a candidate who would be excited to work the second (evening shift) in our Operations Center. These hours are 3pm - 11pm
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Execute all aspects of site planned and unplanned maintenance activities.
- Utilize monitoring tools to proactively identify problems with systems, applications, and networks.
- Assist in coordinating with vendors and escalation support teams.
- Develop timelines for problems that assist in problem reporting and root cause analysis.
- Create, update, and execute Change Requests as directed to implement system and software upgrades as directed.
- Assist in incident management tasks: Open, resolve, and maintain service desk tickets.
- Execute simple Standard Operating Procedures as directed to maintain operational stability.
- Support Operations process improvement activities.
- Participate in the management of system backups and recovery as needed.
- Remain current with standard e-commerce technology used in high-availability environments.
- Linux, Windows and OpenSource Software Administration.
- Create, maintain, and achieve agreed upon goals.
- Perform performance self-assessments.
- Execute complex Deployment Procedures for major software changes.
You Should Have
- 3+ years of system administration experience with Linux and Windows.
- Working knowledge of Web Technologies: Apache/Tomcat/.NET/Firewalls/DNS.
- Working knowledge of Linux and Windows troubleshooting commands in regards to disk I/O, CPU usage, load, and network connections & usage.
- Strong OS scripting skills preferably with Perl/Python/Bash.
- Java, .NET and Relational Database skills a plus.
- Working knowledge of cloud infrastructure and management (AWS)
- Self-motivated team player that can set priorities and manage to deadlines.
- Excellent troubleshooting, communication, and customer service skills.
- Must be available to support a 24x7 production environment.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly resolve problems.
- Strong ability to perform well under pressure.
- Must be able to multi-task, be process-minded and detail oriented.
- Passion for uptime and experience in e-commerce environments.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrate leadership skills which include: Customer Focus, Change Management, Teamwork, Diversity, Integrity.
And Of Course, Perks!
- 18 Days of PTO
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly GrubHub/Seamless credit.
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more.
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections.
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. Grubhub is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Meet Some of GrubHub's Employees
Noel and his API Team create and code the mobile, web search, and result platforms. Their work interprets the information GrubHub clients consume on a daily basis.
Back to top