Supply Chain Manager
About The Opportunity
Hungry for a new venture?
Grubhub is the nation's leading online and mobile food ordering company, dedicated to connecting hungry diners with their favorite local restaurants. The people who work at Grubhub are our company's greatest asset; each person at Grubhub plays an integral part in building tools and technology that help restaurants succeed, and in cooking up fresh new ways to delight our diners.
The company’s online and mobile ordering platforms allow diners to order directly from more than 55,000 takeout restaurants in over 1,100 U.S. cities and London. The Grubhub portfolio of brands includes Grubhub, Seamless, AllMenus, and MenuPages.
We want you to enjoy where you work, who you work with and what you work on. At Grubhub, you can order your cake and eat it too!
As the Supply Chain Manager, you’ll have full autonomy to build the supply chain ecosystem that supports the Grubhub Operations team. We’re looking for a deeply analytical person with a background in the supply chain space who can create a system that is nimble to our ever-changing environment.
The Grubhub Operations team runs our hyper-growth managed delivery business, operating in 60+ markets across the US. You will be responsible for understanding business needs based on our growth trajectory; translating those into a strategy that drives cost down and increases quality and service KPIs; and implementing the end-to-end solution. You’ll collaborate with teams across the Operations organization to ensure a tight alignment between the supply chain and the business; roll-out changes to processes, systems, and tools; and establish open lines of feedback and communication with local GMs, Marketing and Operations Leadership teams.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Define and implement optimized supply chain processes: vendor selection, procurement, contracting, inventory management, distribution, etc.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to understand business needs, current pain points and overall growth trajectory
- Evaluate existing vendors, distribution infrastructure, inventory management and end-to-end processes to develop a holistic supply chain strategy
- Manage all external vendor relationships to ensure contracts, cost, SLAs are aligned with Grubhub Ops objectives
- Identify process improvement opportunities; effectively prioritize and develop solutions
- Establish continuous feedback loops with the broader Grubhub Operations team
- Measure and report on supply chain KPIs to evaluate efficacy of new supply chain processes and establish benchmarks for ongoing improvements
You Should Have
- 5+ years of experience in supply chain: sourcing, distribution, inventory management, and planning
- Track record of building highly optimized systems while balancing trade-offs between cost and quality of service
- Critical thinker with strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Intellectual curiosity to understand the many facets of the business and utilize that insight to drive decision-making
- Effective communicator with a knack for articulating the problem and collaborating across teams
- Experience with supply chain software tool sets
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Meet Some of GrubHub's Employees
Noel and his API Team create and code the mobile, web search, and result platforms. Their work interprets the information GrubHub clients consume on a daily basis.
Back to top