Sr. Software Engineer - Platform/Cloud Services
About The Opportunity
A senior engineer in the cloud infrastructure team is responsible for building the frameworks and platform on which all of grubhub’s services are built and operate along with a number of key services. This team is at the core of implementing distributed, scalable system foundations and designing for 5 9’s uptime and horizontal scalability. Candidates in this space should have a strong desire to drive innovation by building feature rich, scalable systems that are conducive to evolution.
Work on the Java and scala frameworks all our services and their testing are built on as well as the services that comprise our platform on which services operate. This in includes our netty based traffic router and load balancer that sits between clients and all services handling millions of requests every day.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Help build multi datacenter, performant and highly available services, and the frameworks to support them
- Use and help drive the building, requirements, and usage of a continuous delivery environment
- Help build and support frameworks to interact with various cloud technologies
- Communicate with leadership, product owners, other technologists, and users to create working software based on an understanding of business and technical priorities
- Actively contribute to the adoption of strong software architecture, development best practices, and new technologies. We are always improving the process of building software; we need you to help contribute
You Should Have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Programming or Engineering related field
- 5+ years experience building highly-scalable consumer-facing applications (e-commerce preferred)
- Java, C#, or a similar modern object-oriented language
- Experience architecting, designing, and developing testable, fault tolerant, and performant software
- AWS experience, or similar cloud based offerings
- Automated testing experience applicable for services (junit/testing, mockito + jmeter/gatling.io)
- Strong fundamentals (data structures, algorithms)
- Familiarity or experience developing highly-available distributed systems (5x9’s uptime etc.)
- Interested in working for a fast paced tech and product oriented company
- Professional Cassandra experience
- Docker, or similar containerized solutions
- Mesos or Kubernetes
- Hot-hot multi data center distributed services
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@grubhub.com and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Meet Some of GrubHub's Employees
Senior Director, Acquisition Marketing
Steven uses every marketing tool from television to direct mail to display advertising to consistently acquire new customers—and drive Grubhub forward in the industry.
Back to top