Sr. Software Engineer - Personalization
About The Opportunity
This team is at the center of building our product and marketing personalization platform in order to deliver the most relevant data to our customers via the right channel at the right time. As a senior member of our team, you will lead a world-class engineering practice and play an active role in shaping the evolution of Grubhub’s personalization efforts.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Design, implement, and deliver for our new corporate platform while collaborating with other teams (diners, restaurants, internal tools, etc)
- Understand our products from both a technical and business perspective in the context of our larger business.
- Communicate with leadership, product owners, other technologists, and users to create working software based on an understanding of business and technical priorities.
- Break down complex problems into elegant technical solutions to intelligently solve problems for diners, restaurant, corporate accounts and internal stakeholders.
- Actively contribute to the adoption of strong software architecture, development best practices, and new technologies. We are always improving the process of building software; we need you to help contribute.
- You will be a key part in accurately estimating the timing of software delivery
You Should Have
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field
- Expert knowledge of Java (5-7+ years)
- Experience architecting, designing, and developing testable, fault tolerant, and performant software
- Strong understanding of modern unit testing and version control - SVN or Git preferred
- Strong fundamentals (data structures, algorithms)
- Familiar with Agile software development methodologies
- Familiarity or experience developing highly-available, distributed systems
- Interested in working for a fast paced tech and product oriented company
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@grubhub.com and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Meet Some of GrubHub's Employees
Senior Director, Acquisition Marketing
Steven uses every marketing tool from television to direct mail to display advertising to consistently acquire new customers—and drive Grubhub forward in the industry.
Back to top