Sr. Software Engineer - .Net
About The Opportunity
Hungry for a new venture?
Grubhub is the nation's leading online and mobile food ordering company, dedicated to connecting hungry diners with their favorite local restaurants. The people who work at Grubhub are our company's greatest asset; each person at Grubhub plays an integral part in building tools and technology that help restaurants succeed, and in cooking up fresh new ways to delight our diners.
The company’s online and mobile ordering platforms allow diners to order directly from more than 55,000 takeout restaurants in over 1,100 U.S. cities and London. The Grubhub portfolio of brands includes Grubhub, Seamless, AllMenus, and MenuPages.
We want you to enjoy where you work, who you work with and what you work on. At Grubhub, you can order your cake and eat it too!
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Design, implement and deliver awesome technical platforms and products for all constituencies (diners, corporate accounts, restaurants, internal tools)
- Understand our products from both a technical and business perspective in the context of our larger business
- Communicate with leadership, product owners, other technologists, and users to create working software based on an understanding of business and technical priorities
- Break down complex problems into elegant technical solutions to intelligently solve problems for GrubHub.com diners, restaurant, corporate accounts and internal stakeholders
- Actively contribute to the adoption of strong software architecture, development best practices, and new technologies. We are always improving the process of building software; we need you to help contribute
- You will be a key part in accurately estimating the timing of software delivery
You Should Have
- Expert Understanding C#, C++, C, .Net, Visual Studio, ASP.Net
- Database SQL and design (Oracle, MS SQL Server, Postgres)
- Web Services Development (SOAP, REST, JSON)
- Familiar with Agile software development methodologies
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Meet Some of GrubHub's Employees
Senior Director, Acquisition Marketing
Steven uses every marketing tool from television to direct mail to display advertising to consistently acquire new customers—and drive GrubHub forward in the industry.
Back to top