Sr. Site Reliability Engineer (DevOps)
About The Opportunity
Hungry for a new venture?
Grubhub is the nation's leading online and mobile food ordering company, dedicated to connecting hungry diners with their favorite local restaurants. The people who work at Grubhub are our company's greatest asset; each person at Grubhub plays an integral part in building tools and technology that help restaurants succeed, and in cooking up fresh new ways to delight our diners.
The company’s online and mobile ordering platforms allow diners to order directly from more than 55,000 takeout restaurants in over 1,100 U.S. cities and London. The Grubhub portfolio of brands includes Grubhub, Seamless, AllMenus, and MenuPages.
We want you to enjoy where you work, who you work with and what you work on. At Grubhub, you can order your cake and eat it too!
As a Site Reliability Engineer on one of these teams, it’s our job to provide the supporting infrastructure, infrastructure automation as well as systems design knowledge to the team. You’ll be supporting your team’s development, pre-production and production environments.
Our SREs participate in stand-up and sprint planning meetings, while also spending 20% of their on common systems related projects.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
Below is a list of some of the tools we’re either currently using or have made the decision to use and will begin implementing shortly, hopefully with your help.
- Puppet for configuration management
- Ansible for task orchestration
- Linux (CentOS, Ubuntu), Apache HTTPD, Tomcat, Flask
- Bash, Python, Ruby, Java
- CollectD, ELK Stack, Splunk, DataDog
- vSphere, AWS
- MySQL, Cassandra, Couchbase
- Stash/Git, Confluence, Jira, Jenkins
- Mac, Linux or Windows. (We won’t judge you if you run Windows….much)
You Should Have
- Someone with a passion for learning
- Someone gutsy who isn’t afraid to try new things
- Someone who is comfortable failing, learning and trying again
- Someone who is data obsessed
- Someone with an automation mindset
- Someone who hates black boxes
- Security focused position working with a Security Team
- Application Security exposure
- Linux experience
- Proficient in a high level scripting language
- Continuous Integration Knowledge
- Experience with RDBMs and NoSQL implementations
- Knowledge of distributed systems design and constraints
We’ve got a lot of challenges ahead of us and a lot of really awesome things we intend to get done. If you’re looking for a new challenge and want to join an awesome team, we’d love to hear from you. Thanks!
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Meet Some of GrubHub's Employees
Senior Director, Acquisition Marketing
Steven uses every marketing tool from television to direct mail to display advertising to consistently acquire new customers—and drive GrubHub forward in the industry.
Back to top