Sr. Site Reliability Engineer
- Boston, MA
About The Opportunity
Grubhub is dedicated to connecting hungry diners with our wide network of restaurants across the country. Our innovative technology, easy-to-use platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities make us an industry leader today, and in the future of online food ordering.
We strive to create a workplace that reflects the diversity of our customers and the communities we serve. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, take risks, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process.
The Agency Platform team within Grubhub builds the technology infrastructure that powers the large suite of branded mobile and web applications that Grubhub and third-parties produce for their restaurant partners. This platform enables client applications to place orders and deliveries across a wide network of restaurants, along with offering loyalty and rewards to their customers. We are looking for an experienced site reliability engineer to join this team as it’s first full-time resource dedicated to the function. The primary goal for this role is to maintain and improve upon our existing services to ensure that they scale to meet the needs of the business and remain highly available
The Impact You Will Make
- Identifying and addressing shortcomings in our infrastructure
- Participating in incident response and improving the associated processes and tooling
- Refining and creating new service level objectives
- Helping to improve our build and release process
- Building out more intelligent alerting
- Identifying and reducing manual toil through automation
What You Bring to the Table
- 5+ years of experience
- Experience being embedded withing a Software Engineering team
- Writing testable code in Ruby on Rails
- Experience with Postgres, Heroku, Akamai, AWS and Redis
- Monitoring best practices
- Interest in a potential leadership role as the SRE function grows
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees are provided a generous amount of time to recharge their batteries.
- Health and Wellness. We provide programs that support your overall well-being such as generous medical benefits, employee network groups, company-wide fitness challenges, and a comfortable and casual workplace! We also support our parents by offering 8 weeks of paid parent bonding time, a 4-week returnship program, and 6-8 weeks paid medical leave.
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. From day one, we empower you to lead and be an active participant in your career growth. We provide continuous learning opportunities, training, and coaching and mentorship programs.
- MealPerks. Who’s ready for some lunch? We provide our employees with a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants. We also offer company-wide meals several times a year to bring our Grubhub family together.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives. Some of our popular past events include: Wing-eating contests, Grubtoberfest, 5k Runs, Bring Your Child to Work Day, regular happy hours, and more!
- Social Impact. We believe in the importance of serving the communities that support our business. In addition, employees are given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@grubhub.com and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top