Sr. Manager of Growth Marketing (CRM)
About The Opportunity
Hungry for a new venture?
Grubhub is the nation's leading online and mobile food ordering company, dedicated to connecting hungry diners with their favorite local restaurants. The people who work at Grubhub are our company's greatest asset; each person at Grubhub plays an integral part in building tools and technology that help restaurants succeed, and in cooking up fresh new ways to delight our diners.
The company’s online and mobile ordering platforms allow diners to order directly from more than 55,000 takeout restaurants in over 1,100 U.S. cities and London. The Grubhub portfolio of brands includes Grubhub, Seamless, AllMenus, and MenuPages.
We want you to enjoy where you work, who you work with and what you work on. At Grubhub, you can order your cake and eat it too!
We are seeking a Sr. Manager of Growth Marketing to sit in Grubhub’s Chicago or New York offices. This individual will play a key leadership role within the CRM & Retention Marketing team. You will be responsible for retention goals and programs and will be empowered to create the strategy and tactics necessary to succeed. You will work closely with Product team on launching new channel capabilities and execute breakthrough campaigns with the Creative team and agencies across email, site, display, direct mail and other channels. You will work on the contact strategy and partner with internal stakeholders and vendors to ensure smooth campaign execution, while improving the effectiveness of your marketing.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Develop customer contact strategies, programmatic triggers, and a pipeline of experiments that will drive incremental orders for Grubhub.
- Develop, implement and manage programs to increase customer spend and maximize lifecycle retention
- Manage annual sales and cost forecasts and corresponding budgets
- Initiate, execute and analyze creative and promotional tests carried out via email, mobile push notification and display channels with goal of engaging customers, driving repeat orders and increasing ROI
- Vet and manage new and existing vendor relationships in line with monthly budgets
- Oversee and develop 2 direct reports on the Retention Marketing team
- Communicate results to cross-team partners and executive leadership team
You Should Have
- Bachelor’s in a quantitative field and 7-10 years of experience in digital marketing. Hands-on experience developing CRM programs, especially in the email and push notifications channels, are a plus.
- Passion for applying analytical methods to determine success: A/B testing, statistical analysis, Google Analytics.
- Entrepreneurial spirit: you’re driver of change, the one to inspire the team to take risks, learn quickly - and systematically improve.
- Experience working side by side with engineers and product managers to design experiences that span across marketing channels and apps.
- Proficiency in Excel - you should love VLOOKUP and pivot tables. Experience with Tableau and SQL is a plus.
- You must be comfortable with change and disruption, and excited by imagining the “art of the possible” and dreaming up new ideas for breakthrough marketing.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities and tasks in a fast-paced setting while maintaining a laser-like focus on the details.
- 4+ years of leadership experience. Experience growing small, scrappy teams into well-organized, well-oiled groups that leverage the strengths of each contributor and challenge them deliver at their potential and above their current skillset.
- Excellent communications, organization, team-work and follow-up skills
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Meet Some of GrubHub's Employees
Noel and his API Team create and code the mobile, web search, and result platforms. Their work interprets the information GrubHub clients consume on a daily basis.
Back to top