Sr. iOS Engineer
We work with awesome people every day. We don’t mean “awesome” like how other people use “awesome”—in some conjunctive form with “sauce” or “balls.” We really mean it. We work with some of the greatest people in the tech industry here at Seamless. We’re looking for more.
As a part of the GrubHub portfolio of brands, Seamless leads in the mobile food-ordering industry. We’re dedicated to connecting hungry diners with local restaurants. With offices in New York City, Chicago and London, Seamless supports every order with 24/7 customer service.
We want you to enjoy where you work. Who you work with. What you work on. At GrubHub, you can order your cake and eat it too.
About The Job:
Build the next generation of mobile dining using the latest Apple technologies for both Seamless and GrubHub brands. Millions of customers rely on us to order their grub. We’re looking for engineers to help us innovate our apps on the latest and greatest platforms—including Apple TV and Apple Watch.
Some Challenges You'll Tackle:
- Design, implement, deliver, and test awesome iOS applications while understanding our products from both a technical and business perspective in the context of our larger business.
- Communicate with leadership, product owners, other technologists and users to create working software based on an understanding of business and technical priorities.
- Break down complex problems into elegant technical solutions to intelligently solve problems for GrubHub and Seamless brands.
- Actively contribute to the adoption of strong software architecture, development best practices and new technologies. We are always improving the process of building software; we’ll need your help to do that.
You Should Have:
- 4+ years of experience developing in Objective-C, Cocoa/Cocoa Touch and related iOS Technologies along with experience in REST and foundation networking APIs.
- Ability to design and architect complex UI hierarchies.
- Understanding of MVC, asynchronous/multi-threading patterns, cocoa design patterns, and other object oriented patterns/concepts.
- Demonstrated skills in writing and testing (unit, automation, integration) high-quality, readable, well-architected and efficient code.
- Experience with collaborative version control (we use git).
- Experience with XML, JSON or other markup languages.
- A creative and agile team-player with a passion for product quality and attention to the little things.
- College degree in Computer Science or related field of study/equivalent experience.
Got These? Even Better:
- e-Commerce experience.
- Knowledge of Java and Android development.
- Attends or organizes local iOS Meetups
And of course, Perks!:
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent.
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly GrubHub/Seamless credit.
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more.
- Broad exposure to multiple layers of our platform.
- The opportunity to work on an app used by millions of people across the country. Your friends and family will use the product you help build.
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. Grubhub is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Meet Some of GrubHub's Employees
Noel and his API Team create and code the mobile, web search, and result platforms. Their work interprets the information GrubHub clients consume on a daily basis.
Back to top