Sr. Full-Stack Engineer - Restaurant Experience
About The Opportunity
Got a taste for something new?
We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.With 80,000 restaurants and over 14 million diners across 1,600 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
GrubHub is seeking experienced engineers to join its Discovery Restaurant Experience team. This team is at the center of building Grubhub’s restaurant insights to support restaurants in growing and improving their business, including offering promotions, concessions, responding to reviews. Candidates in this space should have a strong desire to drive innovation by building feature rich, scalable systems that are conducive to evolution.
The Restaurant Experience team focuses on collecting performance and analytics data / metadata in order to help restaurants understand how well they are doing on the grubhub platform. Through a user interface built in React and a microservice backend exposing RESTful api endpoints, we share information about orders, sales, commissions, ratings and reviews in addition to a competitor comparison within a restaurant’s delivery boundary.
Our roadmap for 2018 includes improvements to our restaurant targeted promotions feature, the automation of feature unlocking based on increased commission rates and the completion of the Insights Dashboard 2.0. The 2nd generation Insights Dashboard will allow restaurants the ability to leverage predictive analytics when evaluating how many diners they can reach and how many orders they can potentially add. A new joiner can potentially expect to work on both the backend and frontend pieces of these initiatives.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Develop highly-available, fault tolerant features on our platform
- Collaborate with leadership, product owners, and technologists to deliver features that make our users happy to use our products
- Understand our products from both a technical and business perspective and help us drive innovation
- Build and deploy features with limited or no reliance on QA
- Be a proponent for improving our platform, processes, and tools
You Should Have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Programming or Engineering related field
- 5+ years experience building highly-scalable interactive web applications (e-commerce preferred)
- Experience with End-to-End (E2) testing frameworks
- Experience working in a test-driven development
- Familiar with Agile methodologies
- Java, C#, or a similar modern object-oriented language.
- Knowledge of or experience working with API’s and developing distributed systems.
- Familiarity with eventually consistent databases (Cassandra/MongoDB/CouchDB).
- Experience with ElasticSearch a plus as well as any work on big data frameworks such as Spark and/or Hadoop MR / EMR
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@grubhub.com and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Meet Some of GrubHub's Employees
Senior Director, Acquisition Marketing
Steven uses every marketing tool from television to direct mail to display advertising to consistently acquire new customers—and drive Grubhub forward in the industry.
Back to top