Sr. Frontend Engineer - Discovery Services
About The Opportunity
Hungry for a new venture?
Grubhub is the nation's leading online and mobile food ordering company, dedicated to connecting hungry diners with their favorite local restaurants. The people who work at Grubhub are our company's greatest asset; each person at Grubhub plays an integral part in building tools and technology that help restaurants succeed, and in cooking up fresh new ways to delight our diners.
The company’s online and mobile ordering platforms allow diners to order directly from more than 55,000 takeout restaurants in over 1,100 U.S. cities and London. The Grubhub portfolio of brands includes Grubhub, Seamless, AllMenus, and MenuPages.
We want you to enjoy where you work, who you work with and what you work on. At Grubhub, you can order your cake and eat it too!
As a Senior Front End Software Engineer on the Discovery team you will play a central role in implementing Grubhub’s traffic acquisition strategy including All Menus, Menupages, Nitrosites, Online Ordering Links, Affiliates, and SEO. You will partner closely with Engineering leadership and Product stakeholders to drive technical designs and leverage your own experience to solve the most challenging and difficult problems the team faces.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Design, implement, deliver, and test awesome web applications while understanding our products from both a technical and business perspective in the context of our larger business
- Communicate with leadership, product owners, other technologists and users to create working software based on an understanding of business and technical priorities
- Break down complex problems into elegant technical solutions to intelligently solve problems for our diners, restaurant, corporate accounts and internal stakeholders
- Build and deploy features with limited or no reliance on QA
- Actively contribute to the adoption of strong software architecture, development best practices and new technologies
You Should Have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Programming or Engineering related field
- 5+ years experience building highly-scalable interactive web applications (e-commerce preferred)
- Experience with Python web frameworks or similar technologies
- Experience with BDD and E2E testing testing frameworks
- Experience mentoring/coaching engineers along with overseeing the technical work of developers from other teams or 3rd party teams
- Strong familiarity of front-end web application frameworks such as Angular, React, etc.
- Strong familiarity of server-side web technologies such as Nodejs, Java, Python, etc.
- Strong familiarity with SEO and Web Performance Optimization
- Familiar with Agile methodologies
- Passion for web technologies and a desire to remain up to date with the latest technologies
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Meet Some of GrubHub's Employees
Noel and his API Team create and code the mobile, web search, and result platforms. Their work interprets the information GrubHub clients consume on a daily basis.
Back to top