Sr. Director of Brand Marketing
Sr. Director of Brand Marketing
Location: Chicago, IL
- Reporting into our Chief Marketing Officer, this role will manage two leading consumer brands in the online food ordering space, Grubhub and Seamless. Grubhub being nation-wide and Seamless in New York.
- Be the Brand architect to develop brand strategy and positioning, and the leader in developing strong brand understanding. Influence cross-functionally its execution across touch points within product, integrated campaigns, PR and social
- Lead creative excellence across every asset, be details oriented to achieve superior consumer advertising and brand perception.
- Build compelling marketing plans to drive revenue growth from new and existing diners, and be comfortable in the digital space
- Oversee the integrated advertising, promotions, events, stunts, and social media strategy, manage associated budgets, and ensure the initiatives have a positive ROI.
- Manage offline advertising, promotional and guerrilla marketing strategies and initiatives.
- Develop actionable initiatives to “surprise and delight” current diners through integration with the product, drive all communications channels and word of mouth.
- Develop creative ways to do co-marketing and partner with like-minded brands
- Be a leader with all aspects of a brand, creative and analytical to drive unaided awareness to superior levels for both brands in 30+ cities in the US
- Lead, mentor and inspire a growing Brand Marketing team
- 15+ years of strong brand marketing experience in a marketing-driven organization, and have proven success driving revenue through consumer activation, offline advertising, PR, social media, stunts, and promotional programs.
- Experience required in managing digital and/or e-commerce brands with record of success
- Create and manage budget
- Must create strong measurement frameworks for all programs.
- MBA strongly preferred.
- Marketing partnership development and Agency management experience is a must.
- Solid strategic understanding of Social Media platforms and their importance in a successful integrated marketing effort.
- Must be able to execute as well as manage.
- Must be a team player. Working collaboratively must be a core part of who you are.
- Experience managing a team is required.
What are your strengths?
- Strategic, yet detail oriented. You are keenly focused on our overall strategy, yet you never lose track of details.
- You have an entrepreneurial and creative mindset. You push to develop adventurous (albeit practical) plans, identify new opportunities to bring a brand to life and encourage others to push the boundaries. And you make these ideas happen.
- Creative and love storytelling. You know and live the digital culture and zeitgeist of our times, obsess about users and how to connect with them through cool storytelling.
- Problem solving. You must be able to analyze and tackle problems, and identify viable solutions.
- Organization and Management. You must have proven success managing project timelines, budgets, and implementation.
- Analytics. You have a sharp analytical mind, maintain a strong focus on maximizing ROI, and consistently manage expenses to budget.
- Self-motivated, self-disciplined, and results-oriented.
- Superb written and communication skills.
Back to top