Sr. Data Analyst
About The Opportunity
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
As a Senior Data Analyst, you will work closely with business units and engineering teams to cultivate a deep understanding of the ever-evolving systems, processes, and most importantly, data upon which our business runs. You will use this understanding to transform our data and big data into supporting data structures, metrics, reports, dashboards, and ad hoc analysis providing actionable insights to inform and improve decision-making at all levels of the business.
- Help identify metrics and KPIs that could be tracked in order to measure impact on multiple stakeholder groups.
- Analyze A/B test results and perform cohort studies to track long-term impact on user behavior.
- Apply a variety of analysis tools to interpret data and identify key learnings and patterns.
- Identify issues, trends and further optimization ideas from data.
- Interpret data within the context of the AB testing – solve problems and distill data into actionable recommendations.
- Produce visualizations of data to monitor for developing trends/patterns and highlight areas of potential improvement.
- Heavy focus on applying data analysis, business intelligence, and statistical modeling to business problems
You Should Have
- 4+ years of working experience
- 1 or more years of AB testing and multivariate testing experience.
- Intellectual and analytical curiosity – initiative to dig into the "why" of various results.
- High-level proficiency with SQL based query languages and relational data concepts is a must.
- Solid understanding of online analytics metrics and related statistical concepts.
- Proficiency with statistical tools / programming such as Python, R, SAS, SPSS is a must.
- Experience with data visualization tools/libraries, e.g. Tableau, matplotlib, ggplot, etc.
- Desire to learn new technologies and grow analytical skill set.
- Excellent communication skills – requires confidence in communicating complex test result findings and recommendations persuasively, in a compelling and easy to understand manner.
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly Grubhub/Seamless credit
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@grubhub.com and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top