Sr. Back-End Engineer (Remote)
About The Opportunity
GrubHub is hiring is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to provide technical and architectural leadership for our Restaurant team. You will conceptualize, design, build and deploy to the field new and innovative products for our restaurant partners enabling self-management and onboarding of all existing and future partners.
About the opportunity:
This role will focus for a Senior Engineer who is willing to wear many hats and take ownership of full- life cycle development, including design and architecture. This role has a direct impact on how our Restaurants utilize GrubHub.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Design, implement and deliver awesome technical platforms and products for all constituencies (diners, corporate accounts, restaurants, internal tools)
- Communicate with leadership, product owners, other technologists, and users to create working software based on an understanding of business and technical priorities.
- Break down complex problems into elegant technical solutions to intelligently solve problems for GrubHub.com diners, restaurant, corporate accounts and internal stakeholders
- Build and deploy features with limited or no reliance on QA
- Actively contribute to the adoption of strong software architecture, development best practices, and new technologies. We are always improving the process of building software; we need you to help contribute.
You Should Have
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Fully self sufficient in either Java 8, Ruby or C#
- Experience with Spring or equivalent WebMVC framework
- Experience with Complex Algorithms would be seen as plus
- Extensive experience building REST APIs
- An understanding of Cassandra and NoSQL Databases
- Experience Building High Availability & Fault Tolerant applications
- Understanding of unit testing and version control
- Desire to work in a fast paced, tech and product oriented company
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent.
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly GrubHub/Seamless credit.
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more.
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections.
Meet Some of GrubHub's Employees
Senior Director, Acquisition Marketing
Steven uses every marketing tool from television to direct mail to display advertising to consistently acquire new customers—and drive GrubHub forward in the industry.
Back to top