Sr. Associate, Marketing (SEM/Paid Search)
- Chicago, IL
About The Opportunity
Grubhub is dedicated to connecting hungry diners with our wide network of restaurants across the country. Our innovative technology, easy-to-use platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities make us an industry leader today, and in the future of online food ordering.
We strive to create a workplace that reflects the diversity of our customers and the communities we serve. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, take risks, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us?
We have a fast-paced environment and that is what our teams thrive on. Grubhub believes in empowering people and offering opportunities for development, as well as professional growth. We value strong, positive relationships in all areas: with each other, our customers and our greater community. Want to be a part of a team of diverse collaborators in an authentically fun culture? If so, we want to talk to you - and hear what’s your favorite restaurant for food delivery!
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
In applying for this position you should be comfortable with proactively performing optimizations and analyzing reports to identify areas of opportunity. We are looking for someone who is excited to bring new ideas, take risks and re-think existing approaches to this channel. At Grubhub, we are always innovating our methods to take SEM to the next performance level and this role plays an integral part in that process.
- Perform day to day optimization efforts to meet campaign objectives, including but not limited to: keyword expansion efforts, ad copy creation & testing, bidding updates and landing page testing
- Daily/weekly/quarterly budget management
- Ensure paid search campaigns adhere to best practices and troubleshoot any problems
- Proactively identify areas of opportunity and take action to improve our paid search program
- Play a key role in executing paid search tests and reporting insights to senior leadership
- Work collaboratively with the Manager to translate strategic vision into tactical solutions and results
- Analyzing reports to uncover data trends and translate the data into actionable recommendations
- Help influence strategic recommendations for our entire paid search program
- Assist in: brainstorming, executing, and reporting on experiments
- Leverage 3rd party bid management tools to improve effectiveness of our bidding strategy and operational efficiency
- Perform competitive research and stay up to date on the latest search trends
- Review and analyze reports to ensure campaign goals are achieved
- Foster relationships with search engine teams to ensure participation in betas relevant to our business
You Should Have
- 4-6 years experience hands-on management of multi-million dollar paid search accounts with experience in ecommerce or online retail preferred
- A proven track record executing paid search optimizations and accurately reporting results
- In depth understanding of automated bid strategies with experience optimizing towards CPA or ROAS goals preferred
- Proficiency with 3rd party campaign management tools like Search Ads 360, Kenshoo, etc.
- Previous experience utilizing Google Analytics
- Strong communication skills: ability to clearly communicate results, key learnings & opportunities
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, economics, statistics or other related field
- Recent Google Ads Search Certification
- Advanced user capability in Excel
Got these, too? Even better:
- Experience writing Google AdWords scripts
- Experience using Tealium or Google Tag Manager
- Experience using Firebug, TagAssistant, or other tag debugging tools
- Experiencing writing SQL queries
- Experience using feed management tools
- Familiar with building and interpreting cohort analysis
- Experience managing local SEM programs
- Familiar with building Tableau reports
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO. Grubhub employees are provided a generous amount of time to recharge their batteries.
- Health and Wellness. We provide programs that support your overall well-being such as generous medical benefits, employee network groups, company-wide fitness challenges, and a comfortable and casual workplace! We also support our parents by offering 8 weeks of paid parent bonding time, a 4-week returnship program, and 6-8 weeks paid medical leave.
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. From day one, we empower you to lead and be an active participant in your career growth. We provide continuous learning opportunities, training, and coaching and mentorship programs.
- MealPerks. Who’s ready for some lunch? We provide our employees with a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants. We also offer company-wide meals several times a year to bring our Grubhub family together.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives. Some of our popular past events include: Wing-eating contests, Grubtoberfest, 5k Runs, Bring Your Child to Work Day, regular happy hours, and more!
- Social Impact. We believe in the importance of serving the communities that support our business. In addition, employees are given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@grubhub.com and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
CA Privacy Notice: If you are a resident of the State of California and would like a copy of our CA privacy notice, please email email@example.com.
Back to top