Sr. Associate, Content Strategy
About The Opportunity
Must submit a portfolio of work for considerationWelcome!Got a taste for something new?
We’re Grubhub, the nation’s leading online and mobile food ordering company. Since 2004 we’ve been connecting hungry diners to the local restaurants they love. We’re moving eating forward with no signs of slowing down.
With more than 80,000 restaurants and over 14 million diners across 1,600 U.S. cities and London, we’re delivering like never before. Incredible tech is our bread and butter, but amazing people are our secret ingredient. Rigorously analytical and customer-obsessed, our employees develop the fresh ideas and brilliant programs that keep our brands going and growing.
Long story short, keeping our people happy, challenged and well-fed is priority one. Interested? Let’s talk. We’re eager to show you what we bring to the table.
Grubhub is looking for a Sr. Associate, Content Strategy to join our team. Reporting into our head of Social Media, this individual will be responsible for planning and developing engaging and innovative content, and furthering the role content plays across the organization. The ultimate scrappy entrepreneur; the ideal candidate for this role knows how to get it done -- whether that’s developing plans for long-term content approaches or breaking open an empanada to get the ultimate cheese-pull photo for our Instagram account. This role moves between strategy and creative execution with ease and expertise.
Some Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Create 2 - 3 blog posts per week with key channels of distribution and business needs in mind
- Create Instagram story and real time content for social channels; partnering closely with social media coordinator on trending themes to leverage these moments across appropriate brand channels
- Develop stories focusing on our restaurant partners; working closely with Brand Associate to bring these stories to life across channels
- Report on content performance weekly, monthly, and quarterly; synthesize learnings across appropriate teams and use insights to make recommendations for changes in strategy and execution plans
- Work with internal and freelance copywriters for the Grubhub blog; provide story assignments, review story briefs, edit and proofread work
- Partner with Product Team on strategy and implementation timelines for integrating brand content across the Grubhub/ Seamless website and app
- Collaborate with the Creative Team and third party agencies/ production partners to bring to life content concepts; build strategies, develop brief, project manage campaign, and provide thoughtful feedback to ensure creative excellence of all deliverables
- Partner with other Marketing Team groups (PR, Partnerships, Growth, etc) to develop content ideas that meet campaign goals and objectives and bring the brand to life in fun and innovative ways
- Work with Sr. Social Media Associate to identify content creators from influencer communities and utilize these creators for various content opportunities and distribution/ amplification
You Should Have
- Minimum 3 - 5 years of relevant content producing experience in a fast-paced consumer brand
- Experience creating content for social media channels -- content types to include, but not be limited to: short form post copy, longer form blog content distributed on social channels, basic photography for ephemeral content (i.e. Instagram stories)
- Copywriting/ editing experience required
- Experience using the following platforms and systems: Wordpress, Google Analytics, Simply Measured (or other social analytics platform)
- Passion for the food space and food content overall
- Must submit a portfolio of work for consideration
Got these? Even Better!
- Experience launching or managing a blog
- SEO experience with a focus on keyword ranking
- Experience with Adobe CC programs, specifically Photoshop and Illustrator
- Food styling or food photography experience
And Of Course, Perks!
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent.
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly GrubHub/Seamless credit.
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more.
- Company-Wide initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning and cross-department connections.
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. If you are applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to TalentAcquisition@grubhub.com and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Meet Some of GrubHub's Employees
Senior Director, Acquisition Marketing
Steven uses every marketing tool from television to direct mail to display advertising to consistently acquire new customers—and drive Grubhub forward in the industry.
Back to top