Sr. Android Engineer
We work with awesome people every day. We don’t mean “awesome” like how other people use “awesome”—in some conjunctive form with “sauce” or “balls.” We really mean it. We work with some of the greatest people in the tech industry here at GrubHub. We’re looking for more.
GrubHub leads in the mobile food-ordering industry with a portfolio of brands that includes GrubHub, Seamless, MenuPages and Allmenus. We’re dedicated to connecting hungry diners with local restaurants. With offices in New York City, Chicago and London, GrubHub supports every order with 24/7 customer service.
We want you to enjoy where you work. Who you work with. What you work on. At GrubHub, you can order your cake and eat it too.
About The Opportunity:
We are looking for Android Engineers to join our awesome mobile team to create some exciting projects. Our mobile team is a talented group of smart, humble people who are passionate about creating amazing mobile products using cutting-edge technology. Innovation, research and creativity are always at the forefront of what we do, so if you’re excited to work with a product that will change the way take out and delivery is done around the country, we look forward to receiving your application.
Some Challenges You'll Tackle:
- Design, implement and deliver awesome products for all constituencies (diners, corporate accounts, restaurants, etc)
- Understand products from both a technical and business perspective in the context of our larger business
- Communicate with leadership, product owners, other technologists, and users to create working software based on an understanding of business and technical priorities
- Break down complex problems into elegant technical solutions to intelligently solve problems for both diners and restaurants
- Actively contribute to the adoption of strong software architecture, development best practices, and new technologies. We are always improving the process of building software; we need you to help contribute
You Should Have:
- Working knowledge of the Android platform and tools
- Fragments, Adapters, Services and BroadcastReceivers
- Layouts, ActionBar, Menus, Volley, Google Play Services
- An understanding of Android app architecture and use of design patterns
- Experience with Gradle, Espresso, RoboGuice, Robolectric a plus
- Familiarity with agile methodologies
- Ability to learn/work quickly and independently
- Ability to collaborate and share knowledge
And of Course, Perks!:
- Unlimited paid vacation days. Choose how your time is spent.
- Never go hungry! We provide weekly GrubHub/Seamless credit.
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, wine tastings, karaoke, bingo with prizes and more.
We deliver favorites every day. Join us as we move eating forward.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. Grubhub is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Back to top